Author Topic: Did anyone ever hear ANYTHING from Jeff (erik1925)?  (Read 994 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Did anyone ever hear ANYTHING from Jeff (erik1925)?
« on: June 10, 2023, 09:12:46 PM »
Did anyone ever hear ANYTHING from Jeff (erik1925)?

It is now been well over 3 YEARS since he last surfaced. I seem to remember he ripped off members here to the tune of many thousands of dollars, but maybe he later made restitution.

Anyone still in touch with him, or know what happened to the stuff?

And given that he made a never to be equalled 20,330 posts (4.130 per day for many years), it seems he surely received far less than minimum wage for the hours he put into his scam (if that is what it was), and he maybe received pennies per hour.

So strange and so sad.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
Re: Did anyone ever hear ANYTHING from Jeff (erik1925)?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 02:43:49 PM »
I have tried to contact Jeff many times to try to recover my 'borrowed' items, but sadly have never received a reply.

I have no doubt he found himself in some kind of pickle and doing what he did helped him to get out of it. Personally I have repurchased most of my items that he has. Some I haven't managed to find again were incredibly  rare and also pretty much worthless to most people, so I can't see him turning a profit.

I would be more than happy to show forgiveness if he could return my unrelated items and the items of others if he ever felt able to. I'm sure he must have been in a dark place to do this and would very surprised if it was premeditated. I hope he's doing better now.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 07:47:56 PM »
I hope y'all get your stuff eventually and Jeff is OK.  There must be some reason(s) why he disappeared, but I don't think it's helpful to speculate about it.  The statute of limitations may be close to expiring or already has expired for any criminal action.  If you contact a lawyer, and I'm not encouraging that, but maybe you can get good legal advice for civil court. The money is of course only part of the value - the time, energy, etc. spent, but maybe you could at least recoup the money for the posters that Jeff has or had.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 09:01:58 PM by Neo »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 08:02:30 PM »
I'm not going to say anything bc I have nothing nice to say.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 11:51:51 AM »
I'm not going to say anything bc I have nothing nice to say.

T

laugh1       Class, you been watching Bambi again, T.
It's more than a Hobby...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 06:39:21 PM »
Live and breathe, my friend, live and breathe.  Sometimes it’s just better to shut the fuck up ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 12:56:27 PM »
 ;D
It's more than a Hobby...