Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 263803 times)

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »
Screw Poster Italia for playing games with me , where's the f-in tracking number if you sent em huh ?!

I will *never* do biz with you again , this is f-in ridiculous and insulting  moron1

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2012, 02:16:04 PM »
Got my posters back , still waiting for 2 more.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »
123-liquidation on eBay.  Bought a $5 poster, took almost a month to ship, arrived in a triangular USPS tube - damaged, said I would be refunded within 24-48 hours (that was over a week ago) - still no refund), and no reply to emails.

Mikewarrior

« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2012, 09:26:30 PM »
123-liquidation on eBay.  Bought a $5 poster, took almost a month to ship, arrived in a triangular USPS tube - damaged, said I would be refunded within 24-48 hours (that was over a week ago) - still no refund), and no reply to emails.

What a PoS!!!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2012, 09:37:23 PM »
What a PoS!!!

In his/her defense, he/she explained some issues he/she supposedly had.  I could have been more patient, but it's been almost six weeks since I sent payment.

Mikewarrior

« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2012, 09:40:52 PM »
In his/her defense, he/she explained some issues he/she supposedly had.  I could have been more patient, but it's been almost six weeks since I sent payment.

That's worse than dealing with MOR Furniture

I believe I've read some bad things about 123-liquidation... Be glad you only lost $5 and the S&H

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »
MOR Furniture, eh?  Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I hear ya that I should be glad that it was only $5 and not a lot more, but it's more about the principals than the $. 

Unfortunately the guy has some cool stuff, some of which are at decent market prices, but there is an incredibly low probability that I would buy anything else from him/her.  If I said anything to the guy about future purchases, it would be, in Charlie's epic words: "So now, not only have you been called out, you've lost probably hundreds if not thousands of potential dollars from 'Precious' who thought you were actually an OK guy."  ;D

ozcinemagic

« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2012, 10:33:51 PM »
MOR Furniture, eh?  Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I hear ya that I should be glad that it was only $5 and not a lot more, but it's more about the principals than the $. 

Unfortunately the guy has some cool stuff, some of which are at decent market prices, but there is an incredibly low probability that I would buy anything else from him/her.  If I said anything to the guy about future purchases, it would be, in Charlie's epic words: "So now, not only have you been called out, you've lost probably hundreds if not thousands of potential dollars from 'Precious' who thought you were actually an OK guy."  ;D

You're really tempting me to add it again, aren't you!!!  :D

Seriously though, how come you accepted a damaged parcel? The postal service has a duty of care.

Mikewarrior

« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2012, 10:37:07 PM »
If I said anything to the guy about future purchases, it would be, in Charlie's epic words: "So now, not only have you been called out, you've lost probably hundreds if not thousands of potential dollars from 'Precious' who thought you were actually an OK guy."  ;D

This is why the forums are such a great tool in keeping sellers honest, and if not they lose out on a ton of money from potential buyers.

I know I would have spent another $500+ at Movieposters.com if I wouldn't have found these forums.  ;)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »
You're really tempting me to add it again, aren't you!!!  :D

Seriously though, how come you accepted a damaged parcel? The postal service has a duty of care.

It's a classic line.  I would add it to my sig if it had been said to me.

If a package is damaged, other than one time, they always leave it, even if it requires a signature.  The one time I got a tube that had a huge dent in it and the woman asked me to sign for it, she strategically placed it inside my door with the dent facing the wall, while I signed the card.   nono  All the others times I sign the card, they wait until I sign it and then hand me the package.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:58:44 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2012, 10:52:32 PM »
This is why the forums are such a great tool in keeping sellers honest, and if not they lose out on a ton of money from potential buyers.

I know I would have spent another $500+ at Movieposters.com if I wouldn't have found these forums.  ;)

No doubt about it, MW.

movieposter.com is alright.  I got this Heavy Metal poster from them at a decent price, and everything was good.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:58:12 PM by NeoLoco »

ozcinemagic

« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »
It's a classic line.  I would add it to my sig if it had been said to me.

If a package is damaged, other than one time, they always leave it, even if it required a signature.  The one time I got a tube that had a huge dent in it and the woman asked me to sign for it, she strategically placed it inside my door with the dent facing the wall, while I signed the card.   nono  All the others times I sign the card, they wait until I sign it and then hand me the package.

I think the seller is being silly making you wait six weeks. For a $5 poster he should just refund and move on. I'd send a msg saying you'll leave a neg if refund doesn't come through in 24 hours. That's fair, as it's been a pretty negative experience!

In Aust the PO pays compensation for lost / damaged items up to $50 for regular mail. Above that I get insurance for locally delivered. Costs peanuts.

Catch ya,
M.R

Mikewarrior

« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2012, 11:03:29 PM »
No doubt about it, MW.

movieposter.com is alright.  I got this Heavy Metal poster from them at a decent price, and everything was good.

Oh, i'm not saying anything bad about their products, or the handling... but their prices on some things are far more than what you can get them elsewhere.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2012, 11:06:48 PM »
Oh, i'm not saying anything bad about their products, or the handling... but their prices on some things are far more than what you can get them elsewhere.

Yeah, they do have a lot of stuff at much higher prices than others. 

They apparently have another one (or more) Heavy Metal 30x40 I mentioned and the price is 50% more than what I paid for it from them about a year ago.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »
I think the seller is being silly making you wait six weeks. For a $5 poster he should just refund and move on. I'd send a msg saying you'll leave a neg if refund doesn't come through in 24 hours. That's fair, as it's been a pretty negative experience!

In Aust the PO pays compensation for lost / damaged items up to $50 for regular mail. Above that I get insurance for locally delivered. Costs peanuts.

Catch ya,
M.R

I did a PayPal deal so I can't leave negative feedback.  He/she can keep the money and have to live with the fact that he/she has lost "probably hundreds if not thousands of potential dollars"...  8)

ozcinemagic

« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »
I did a PayPal deal so I can't leave negative feedback.  He/she can keep the money and have to live with the fact that he/she has lost "probably hundreds if not thousands of potential dollars"...  8)

I wonder if it'll make him / her yawn!!!   ;)

Mikewarrior

« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »
I did a PayPal deal so I can't leave negative feedback.

Wait... I use Paypal on Ebay and can leave negative feedback, so why can't you?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »
yeah thats a weird one. I do to (although been years since I left a neg)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #218 on: April 25, 2012, 11:23:01 PM »
Maybe Neo means that he sidestepped an Ebay sale and bought it direct from an Ebay seller?
Hence, there is no Ebay transaction with which to leave feedback.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2012, 11:26:44 PM »
Ahhhh
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2012, 11:29:40 PM »
The poster was in an eBay auction that ended and I forgot to bid on it, so I sent him/her an email, and really upped the ante offering $5 to do a B.I.N. (it didn't sell at the opening bid of $2.99).  The guy sent me an email and offered to do a PayPal deal (outside eBay) and I sent the money.  One reason (among many) why it's better in that situation to do a B.I.N. on eBay is being able to leave feedback.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:49:44 PM by NeoLoco »

Mikewarrior

« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2012, 11:37:27 PM »
Maybe Neo means that he sidestepped an Ebay sale and bought it direct from an Ebay seller?
Hence, there is no Ebay transaction with which to leave feedback.

Ahhhhhh, no wonder... I see your plan.  uhno

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2012, 12:59:14 AM »
Only prob with that kind of deal is that Ebay owns Paypal and tracks these transactions and sticks it to both parties later.
From what I've been told, they have little black ledgers on Neo and others like him.
Muwahahahaha.....

pelaochile

« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2012, 12:48:53 AM »
greg egbert... I bought some posters in his vendio and 20 days later he told me that 2 of the 10 posters i have bought he doesnt have any more!!! no refund!!! and dont send me the tracking number!!! i am suspecting that he send it by first class mail although i paid for priority mail international  :-\ or worst

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2012, 01:09:53 AM »
search GREG EGBERT on any of the movie poster forums and you will see your answer.

Welcome to the club (one I am yet to join)

and welcome to the forum.

Ari
An Error Has Occurred!