Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 259917 times)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #500 on: April 04, 2018, 10:05:50 AM »
If he was the one persuading you to send via Friends and Family payment, Paypal may still be able to help (give them a call).

You might be able to pursue with your Credit Card company too (assuming you sent the F&F payment via a CC).

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #501 on: April 04, 2018, 10:08:07 AM »
Can't be bothered.

He has elected to send the poster back to me yesterday.  So I will pop it up on eBay and see if anyone else wants it - duly and properly described this time.

My lesson here is to go through at least One of the two layers of protective purchasing.

And the PP payment went through as a Debit Card transaction.

Thanks fellas.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #502 on: October 19, 2018, 03:59:23 AM »
mikestone329 at yahoo aka mcarili on aol (Michael Cirelli of Lindenhurst NY) , was booted off board cuz he was selling a Clapton he didnt have , hopefully Ill get a refund from paypal (shouldve known since he was so pushy getting it sold)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 04:05:13 AM by Tang Lung in Rome »

• Hoarder
« Reply #503 on: October 19, 2018, 06:13:34 AM »
Lives in Tacoma WA now

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #504 on: October 19, 2018, 12:12:14 PM »
mikestone329 at yahoo aka mcarili on aol (Michael Cirelli of Lindenhurst NY) , was booted off board cuz he was selling a Clapton he didnt have , hopefully Ill get a refund from paypal (shouldve known since he was so pushy getting it sold)

You mean he was kicked off ebay? Or was it some other selling site?

-Jeff

• Hoarder
« Reply #505 on: October 19, 2018, 12:47:40 PM »
No , he was kicked off an autograph board under suspicion of fraud (stole someones picture and used them as their own , refusing questions about item etc)  ,  sure he might have the Item in question but Im not taking any chances
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 12:50:19 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

• Hoarder
« Reply #506 on: October 28, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »
Dealers like rbees and Autografica buy Bond autographs from Bondcollectibles and as such I will not give them my biz (a -judge might say they conspire to sell fakes , either know your stuff or dont f-in sell them in the first place !)

Rbees knows very well hes been had and tries to do damage control......too little , too late

Sadly Bondcollectibles trash has been spead all over Europe and even Down Under.......no , Michael Gothard , Gotell, van Nutter , Armendariz' do NOT grow on trees , theyre rare as hell (Kitzmiller died already 1965 , never ever seen a Shimada and Ive collected Bond for 20 yrs !)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:03:36 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

• Hoarder
« Reply #507 on: October 30, 2018, 10:53:31 PM »
"entertainment-sports1967" (formerly Walls of Fame) , returned autographs Oct 18 from CA to FL , still no refund.......it was sent with tracking so I doubt they got lost , feels like seller is stalling , cheating me out of 300$  devil 2
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 10:54:38 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #508 on: November 16, 2018, 05:34:50 PM »
"entertainment-sports1967" (formerly Walls of Fame) , returned autographs Oct 18 from CA to FL , still no refund.......it was sent with tracking so I doubt they got lost , feels like seller is stalling , cheating me out of 300$  devil 2

Did you finally get your refund, Tang?

-Jeff

• Hoarder
« Reply #509 on: November 28, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »
Paypal stalling , waited since 13th........why in the mofo hell did i not request a money order :(

Offline stripemakers

• Hobbyist
    • POST-SOC - Movie Posters from behind the Iron Curtain
« Reply #510 on: December 06, 2019, 05:30:57 AM »
Anyone knows this EBAY dealer named "blakenotes13" ?

POST-SOC.com  - Movie Posters from behind the Iron Curtain

POST-SOC on Facebook - Latest additions to my collection

• Hoarder
« Reply #511 on: December 10, 2019, 12:17:59 PM »
ent-sports1967 did give me a refund.......then he resold the questionable autographs on ebay again  devil 2

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #512 on: December 13, 2023, 12:08:13 AM »
Anyone else ever have a poster arrived damaged (in this case crushed) due to bad packaging - then sent the seller a message to let them know what happened, and kindly asked for a refund, and the seller blocked you?  ???  I sent payment quickly, and made the transaction as simple as possible.

In his defense, he sent me a refund and replied that he was sorry.  For that reason I'm debating whether to list his eBay name as a seller to avoid. 

Earlier I was thinking it's a tough year to get in the Christmas spirit, now this happens.  girly2.gif

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
  • Boldy Going... Into Debt
« Reply #513 on: December 13, 2023, 10:39:18 AM »
Neo, personally I would like to know who this seller is to avoid them if possible. Initially blocking you is not cool regardless of whether they came to their senses later on or not.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #514 on: December 13, 2023, 11:01:05 AM »
Anyone else ever have a poster arrived damaged (in this case crushed) due to bad packaging - then sent the seller a message to let them know what happened, and kindly asked for a refund, and the seller blocked you?  ???  I sent payment quickly, and made the transaction as simple as possible.

In his defense, he sent me a refund and replied that he was sorry.  For that reason I'm debating whether to list his eBay name as a seller to avoid. 

Earlier I was thinking it's a tough year to get in the Christmas spirit, now this happens.  girly2.gif

Oh yes, many times.  If a poster is not as described, I ask for reimbursement.  If a poster comes dented because of poor packaging, I ask for reimbursement.  I like my posters mint, so if you describe it as mint, that's what I expect in hand.  At least half a dozen sellers have barred me from bidding on their auctions, most of them overseas.  I'm fine with that.  If they cannot and will not follow up with top notch service, I don't need to buy from them anymore.  I find the practice a little unethical, but so be it.  There are many posters out there, I will live.  The one time I felt I was on the losing end of the spectrum, I enlisted a friend of mine to bid on the seller's auction and still do to this day.  The same kind of guy you described.  He ships but feels no responsibility when it's out of his hands.

T

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #515 on: December 13, 2023, 01:56:58 PM »
Neo, personally I would like to know who this seller is to avoid them if possible. Initially blocking you is not cool regardless of whether they came to their senses later on or not.

Good point.  eBay name is seattlewarehouse   I think he just bought someone's stash of stuff as he only has a few posters, mostly video posters, mixed in with random other stuff.  He said he'll be listing more so he may have a lot more.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #516 on: December 13, 2023, 02:16:16 PM »
I enlisted a friend of mine to bid on the seller's auction and still do to this day.  The same kind of guy you described.  He ships but feels no responsibility when it's out of his hands.

I was looking forward to seeing what new titles he'd list, as he sent me a message when the sale went through saying he'll be listing more.  A couple people asked me to buy something from sellers who blocked them, and it all went ok.  If enough time has passed you can probably just start a new account and they won't remember the name and/or address of the eBay ID they blocked.  You mentioned a while ago that you don't buy from idiots so I guess that seller wasn't too bad, and/or those purchases must have been important.  Similarly I'd rather just have my integrity and buy from folks who do better.

I'm much less of a condition perfectionist and more into finding the best deal.  He has several posters that are very wavy (squished but not crushed) that would flatten out perfectly if stored flat for a while, like in my flattening a wavy gravy poster thread.  However, if something is in different condition than when it was purchased, I also would always demand a refund.  This seattlewarehouse guy actually sent a nice message apologizing for the damaged shipment due to his lackluster packaging.  Despite the nice message, the fact that he blocked me might imply that he blames me somehow for his mistakes.  Another seller I mentioned here a few years ago went crazy blaming me and the USPS for his terrible packaging.  That was in the holiday season also.  girly2.gif
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 03:34:55 PM by Neo »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #517 on: December 13, 2023, 04:50:48 PM »
You mentioned a while ago that you don't buy from idiots...

Did I say that?  Man, that's awesome hahaha.  How rude can one be?  There are a lot of idiots out there then  ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #518 on: December 13, 2023, 06:41:59 PM »
I don't think I've ever been blocked, but I have had some grumpy responses back, as if it's my fault. It annoys me that I have to bother posting the smashed up poster back too, a waste of everyone's time.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #519 on: December 14, 2023, 01:37:02 PM »
I don't think I've ever been blocked, but I have had some grumpy responses back, as if it's my fault. It annoys me that I have to bother posting the smashed up poster back too, a waste of everyone's time.

Yeah sometimes I don't know why they would want their damaged item back.  If eBay or PayPal steps in to issue the refund, they'll issue the refund once the tracking shows the item was delivered to the seller.  A long time ago I had to pay for the return shipping a few times, also.  A guy I mentioned here a while ago was so angry at eBay for issuing the refund, and me - because he said he didn't see the message I attached to the order for the best method to package a poster, and that was his excuse for why the packaging was terrible.  devil 2  Dealing with stuff like that is the extra price one pays sometimes for dealing with some sellers.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 01:45:18 PM by Neo »

Offline hauser

• Beginner
« Reply #520 on: December 15, 2023, 06:55:17 AM »
The one time I felt I was on the losing end of the spectrum, I enlisted a friend of mine to bid on the seller's auction and still do to this day.  The same kind of guy you described.

eBay also has the option of “guest checkout”. If you just logout of your account and then go to buy the item, it will let you checkout without an account. This only works for BIN items, but is a workaround if you don’t want to have to enlist someone else.

This also assumes that the seller doesn’t recognize your name / shipping address and then cancel the order, but I doubt they pay that much attention once an item is sold.

Offline hauser

• Beginner
« Reply #521 on: December 15, 2023, 06:59:45 AM »
Yeah sometimes I don't know why they would want their damaged item back.

In many cases, they don’t necessarily want the item back, but want to make sure that you as the buyer a) actually want to send it back and aren’t just bluffing or b) want to add the extra hurdle for you to send it back in the hopes that you might just not bother.

Either way, if you send it back, eBay is excellent these days at ensuring that you get your money back, no matter how difficult a seller may be. It may take longer than I would like, but eBay will eventually step in and get you a full refund as a buyer.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #522 on: December 15, 2023, 06:21:39 PM »
eBay also has the option of “guest checkout”. If you just logout of your account and then go to buy the item, it will let you checkout without an account. This only works for BIN items, but is a workaround if you don’t want to have to enlist someone else.

Thanks for that, I didn't know.  My buddy is good bidding for me.  I usually pay extra for his kind work, even though he repeatedly tells me he doesn't want me to.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #523 on: December 18, 2023, 01:03:11 AM »
Did I say that?  Man, that's awesome hahaha.  How rude can one be?  There are a lot of idiots out there then  ;)

T

And lot of rude assholes too :) 
Quote from: eatbrie
OMG, this is the exact reason why I will never sell any of my crap.  I refuse to deal with assholes.
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #524 on: December 18, 2023, 01:07:52 AM »

This also assumes that the seller doesn’t recognize your name / shipping address and then cancel the order, but I doubt they pay that much attention once an item is sold.

I had a similar case, the seller got mad and sent me an email "No soup for you".   He had 20% off for two days, I bought one item but my country was not listed in the country list... so I informed him, he corrected it a day later but time for discount was off, I asked if he could apply the discount and he got mad.  And sent a satisfying email saying "No soup for me".   So for sure, he would have picked my address, even if bidding under another guest or username.   I had to ask a friend to bid for me.
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.