Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 262379 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #400 on: December 04, 2014, 08:08:27 PM »
The jury is still out so I am biting my tongue until all is said and done. I really should have given them more time to respond to my complaints prior to bitching anywhere. I was just really really PO'd when the shipping company called me and was the one to tell me that the WWI Christy poster I bought and could not wait to get back and on the wall in a spot I already picked out and prepped a frame for was glued to a board. They should have been the ones to tell me about it, not the shipping company. Still am unlikely to buy from them again unless I have a full description in writing prior to placing a bid.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #401 on: December 04, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »
The jury is still out so I am biting my tongue until all is said and done. I really should have given them more time to respond to my complaints prior to bitching anywhere. I was just really really PO'd when the shipping company called me and was the one to tell me that the WWI Christy poster I bought and could not wait to get back and on the wall in a spot I already picked out and prepped a frame for was glued to a board. They should have been the ones to tell me about it, not the shipping company. Still am unlikely to buy from them again unless I have a full description in writing prior to placing a bid.

HOW THE HELL would anyone selling this piece NOT mention that ONE little detail??  moron1 faint2.gif crying

You gotta be kidding me...  hitself

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #402 on: December 05, 2014, 11:18:36 AM »
Ouch - that is just ridiculous.  I am sure the shipping had to notify because the costs were extreme on such a large, flat package?

What a joke.
Chris

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #403 on: December 05, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »
That is how I found out I was expecting typical UPS store prices at $25-30when they told me $63 to ship I started asking and found out. I think I saw red for a bit.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #404 on: December 05, 2014, 09:01:06 PM »
That is how I found out I was expecting typical UPS store prices at $25-30when they told me $63 to ship I started asking and found out. I think I saw red for a bit.

Similar to the shade in your Starfall poster and avatar?  devil 2

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #405 on: December 06, 2014, 11:16:53 AM »
movieposterbargains

Am sure if he sells, dispatches and lands an item, all will be well.  But while he sticks a tracking number on the item, it IS'NT scanned in at the PO and there is nothing to track on ebay so when the item is lost, as is the case with my current item, I am not sure how he, they or the USPS can trace it.

Also, communication is beyond painfully slow with this guy.  And when he does respond, there is no apology for his absence.  I have actually had two haircuts and learned the Launeddas in between two consecutive emails.

Hopeless.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #406 on: December 06, 2014, 12:26:48 PM »
This thread about Mr Egbert aka movieposterbargains, you might find interesting Simes:

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,95.0.html

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #407 on: December 06, 2014, 12:36:11 PM »
Oh crap!  It's Him.

Must admit I was only looking for original stills, which in this case he has confirmed as being an original.  And at the price, I guess it won't hurt either way.

A case has been opened with a suggestion to offer meaningful and trackable Tracking Numbers.

Cheers Jeff.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #408 on: December 06, 2014, 12:41:50 PM »
Hi Simes..

you said you got a valid tracking number... but that the post office has failed to scan it... i had that happen recently once, too. A tube was mailed from new jersey, was scanned showing departing that post office on such and such a day.

Then..NOTHING for almost 2 weeks, until it got here to LA, when it was scanned again, by my local post office, once it arrived. As they told me when I called-- sometimes the parcel will move along and postal workers forget or dont bother to scan. Without them bothering to do that.... its just a nice long number on the parcel..... nothing more...   :-\

I hope it pops up again on their system, soon, for you, too.

;)

-Jeff

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #409 on: December 06, 2014, 12:56:44 PM »
Has anyone brought items from franfrak5gikc on Ebay? He seems to have a number of linen backed posters. They do seem to be well restored and linen backed. Any thought would be appreciated.

Rudy
Rudy

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #410 on: December 06, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »
Has anyone brought items from franfrak5gikc on Ebay? He seems to have a number of linen backed posters. They do seem to be well restored and linen backed. Any thought would be appreciated.

Rudy

hey Rudy heres a link for everyone to use to make it easier to see franfrak5gikc's items

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_sop=12&_ssn=franfrak5gikc&rt=nc

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #411 on: December 06, 2014, 01:08:03 PM »
Hi Simes..

you said you got a valid tracking number... but that the post office has failed to scan it... i had that happen recently once, too. A tube was mailed from new jersey, was scanned showing departing that post office on such and such a day.

Then..NOTHING for almost 2 weeks, until it got here to LA, when it was scanned again, by my local post office, once it arrived. As they told me when I called-- sometimes the parcel will move along and postal workers forget or dont bother to scan. Without them bothering to do that.... its just a nice long number on the parcel..... nothing more...   :-\

I hope it pops up again on their system, soon, for you, too.

;)

Yup, the ebay screen shows something happened on the 6th November, but then the little horizontal bars that depict progress are all blank.

Cheers again.

Best.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #412 on: December 06, 2014, 01:14:58 PM »

Rudy

Hey Rudy..

I bought one poster from him (it was unbacked, tho).. a month or so ago. It was mailed in a very solid, sturdy gorilla tube... BUT ..when I opened it, my heart sank... he had not bothered to put any protective padding on either tube end.. the naked poster was rolled and placed in the tube.. nothing more... and the entire right border was crushed in with wrinkling, creasing and 9-12 horizontal micro-tears and fold splits that happened..  crying

Also, there was a lot of tape (tho it looked like archival tape) that was on the back cross folds and some small areas of paper fills/restoration, too, that had been done.. but none of this had been disclosed in the ebay ad.

What was the deal crusher, (no pun intended), was the damage it had sustained due to improper care when packaged. When I got in touch with him, he said nothing with regard to the pics and described damage i sent him... no apology or anything and to just to send it back for a refund. (That surprised me a little to be honest, as I would have commented in some way to a buyer, had i been the seller). I asked, too, that he cover my return shipping cost, since it was due to his improper packing, that i was returning it. He did reimburse me that, as well.

Prior to my buying from him, tho, we exchanged a few Pms, via ebay, and he said he had also taught himself to linen back.. and had been doing that a while. I wouldn't be surprised if those he is offering, he backed himself.

-Jeff

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #413 on: December 06, 2014, 01:24:14 PM »
Jeff,

That worries me. The pics he provides are not very sharp and therefore some of the posters appeared to be well linen backed. I am referring to a "Godfather Part II" poster. It is clear that it was folded and the backing was done very well. It is hard to tell if restoration occurred, but looking at other posters (like Manhattan) you can tell that restoration was not even attempted. I am on the fence.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-GODFATHER-PART-II-1974-ORIGINAL-LINEN-BACKED-1-SHT-POSTER-PACINO-DI-NIRO-/111533796834?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f7eeade2

:-\
Rudy

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #414 on: December 06, 2014, 01:28:39 PM »
He made it sound like he learned to back with some degree of confidence, as hes been at it for over 10 years. And if some look more restored that others, its likely that they needed more. I dont think he was about "overdoing" the touch up work and trying to make them look like brand spanking new. So some slight fold creases or lines might show here and there.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #415 on: December 06, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
This thread about Mr Egbert aka movieposterbargains, you might find interesting Simes:

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,95.0.html

he could have made lots of sales to me if he was even partially co-operative
like if I ask you "which style are you selling" it isn't useful to write back "go to ebay or vendio store. use the search engine and find out"

other issues withstanding

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #416 on: December 06, 2014, 04:28:37 PM »
he could have made lots of sales to me if he was even partially co-operative
like if I ask you "which style are you selling" it isn't useful to write back "go to ebay or vendio store. use the search engine and find out"

other issues withstanding

And was that written back all in CAPS, too, rich?   ;)

hitself

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #417 on: December 06, 2014, 04:50:37 PM »
no, that was a copy paste

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #418 on: December 06, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
no, that was a copy paste

I meant his initial response back to you.

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #419 on: December 06, 2014, 04:56:02 PM »
hey Rudy heres a link for everyone to use to make it easier to see franfrak5gikc's items

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_sop=12&_ssn=franfrak5gikc&rt=nc

I have a feeling that is Frank Santos (also uses Pat Wainer, and a couple other Santos aliases)

if so, he is banned from MPB and MPE (Frank was banned as a seller - twice - when I had other sellers and for some reason I allowed him to talk himself back on as a bidder, for which he was suspended, un-suspended and then banned for life in any capacity)

I'm not saying this for certain. I'm curious what his email is or phone #

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #420 on: December 06, 2014, 05:17:24 PM »
I have a feeling that is Frank Santos (also uses Pat Wainer, and a couple other Santos aliases)

if so, he is banned from MPB and MPE (Frank was banned as a seller - twice - when I had other sellers and for some reason I allowed him to talk himself back on as a bidder, for which he was suspended, un-suspended and then banned for life in any capacity)

I'm not saying this for certain. I'm curious what his email is or phone #

That's him.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #421 on: December 11, 2014, 12:58:40 AM »
We all know the usual sellers to avoid who sell the bootleg Star Wars, Empire and Jedi inserts. If we mention their names they threaten to sue.  eyeroll

There is a new E-Bay seller who is listing a small mountain of inserts lately using the seller ID of toober. I have not notified him nor do I bother notifying sellers any more but his SW series inserts and several others I can assure are not originals.
Just bleach the bitch!

• Post-aholic
« Reply #422 on: December 11, 2014, 04:58:39 AM »
We all know the usual sellers to avoid who sell the bootleg Star Wars, Empire and Jedi inserts. If we mention their names they threaten to sue.  eyeroll

There is a new E-Bay seller who is listing a small mountain of inserts lately using the seller ID of toober. I have not notified him nor do I bother notifying sellers any more but his SW series inserts and several others I can assure are not originals.

toober......reboot

consider that

-------

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #423 on: December 11, 2014, 08:54:26 PM »
Undead,

For my education, why are they not originals. How can you tell? One give away I often see are pictures that are not in focus. I wouldn't buy one based on an unfocused picture of the item.
Rudy

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #424 on: December 11, 2014, 09:26:03 PM »
Undead,

For my education, why are they not originals. How can you tell? One give away I often see are pictures that are not in focus. I wouldn't buy one based on an unfocused picture of the item.

With respect to the "Minty white" inserts here are some references (just google 'minty white inserts' for more):

http://www.learnaboutmovieposters.com/NewSite/ADMIN/Problems/FAKES/MintyWhiteReport.asp

http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/discussion/339/my-first-involvement-with-the-minty-white-scandal-nine-years-ago
Chris