Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 262258 times)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2013, 11:24:02 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if they got it wrong, Paul. The lady at the counter asked her colleague over and they measured the tube 3 or 4 times before telling me that price...I think their pricing is too confusing for the staff.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2013, 12:32:17 PM »
They did measure the Tube and it was inside by 2 inches...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »
Yep - agree with all of that. It has stopped me buying cheapy posters on ebay unless I can get more than one in the tube.

Adam, if you're sending posters and want to save a few £, try parcel2go or parcelmonkey. I've found you get a tube delivered for around £4 and they'll pick it up from you rather than you having to go to the post office.

I recently went to post a tube to a friend in the US...it was one of Bruce's big strong tubes. Royal Mail wanted £50 to post it! Laughable. I went with Fedex using parcel 2 go and it was 'only' £24. That was for a fully tracked service and it was delivered in about 5 days. RM are just too pricey these days.

£50.00!! Blimey, what did you have in there!? A lead-lined poster!?...
...just kidding, did you have it insured for the full amount or was it the size of the tube that caused the problem?
Royal Mail are readying themselves for privatisation and in the process are losing thousands of customers.

Today I sent two packages by Royal Mail Second Class Signed For - one with one poster in it weighing 438g and another with four posters in it weighing 860g. Both cost £3.70 to send excluding the cost of the tube etc, which I noticed was the wrong postage charge when I looked at the receipt a couple of hours ago, so I expect to receive these back as the charge should have been £6.30 each. It was the first time it has happened to me, and I feel sorry for the Post Masters as they are getting a little confused with some things as Royal Mail are changing things without fully informing them, I mean, have you seen what the Post Masters have to do now? It's ridiculous. They have to scan barcodes to say what the packages are, whether or not they are hazardous etc, and that's after already putting this data into the system for printing the postage labels, but it's such a flawed system because someone could send a hazardous package illegally and simply say "Nope, nothing bad in that one!" and the Post Master cannot do anything about it.

I've looked into parcel2go but will look at parcelmonkey too, thanks Tob. There's quite a few really. There's also myhermes, but have heard bad things about them so I'll just have to research it properly and use what is best for me, however, at the moment the Royal Mail is the easiest. Will keep you posted on what transpires.
Best wishes,
Adam

Mirosae

« Reply #328 on: July 31, 2013, 07:46:24 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if they got it wrong, Paul. The lady at the counter asked her colleague over and they measured the tube 3 or 4 times before telling me that price...I think their pricing is too confusing for the staff.

...i hearya... this sounds painfully familiar... Royal Nightmare-ail.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #329 on: August 09, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »
Well you can avoid this guy like the plague.  A month a half of delays and excuses and I get 1 of 700 posters....

cinemastore-new  I think he's this guy too posterstore70 and this guy cinemastore-top

He just received two negatives last week from someone and then made his feedback private, I should have filed a claim on him right then, but since the guy kept responding to me I figured I'd give him a shot.... learned my lesson now all I have is a charge-back to fall on.  That's my first and last attempt at ever buying another lot of posters, and my last time buying from Italy for a while, not worth it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:25:08 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #330 on: August 09, 2013, 03:05:50 PM »
Well you can avoid this guy like the plague.  A month a half of delays and excuses and I get 1 of 700 posters....

cinemastore-new  I think he's this guy too posterstore70 and this guy cinemastore-top

He just received two negatives last week from someone and then made his feedback private, I should have filed a claim on him right then, but since the guy kept responding to me I figured I'd give him a shot.... learned my lesson now all I have is a charge-back to fall on.  That's my first and last attempt at ever buying another lot of posters, and my last time buying from Italy for a while, not worth it.
That does suck man. Sorry to hear that.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #331 on: August 09, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »

He was also cinemastore2011 who packed up after a couple of negs. I know this because his account name history lists him as also being "cinemastore" for which I have purchased from and saved the web page of the sale and his description font/wording/style is the same as used by cinemastore-new.   Cinemastore account was rebirthed in May 2013 and looks ready to start using, so may be him

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:23:35 PM by 50s »

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #332 on: August 09, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »

He was also cinemastore2011 who packed up after a couple of negs. I know this because his account name history lists him as also being "cinemastore" for which I have purchased from and saved the web page of the sale and his description font/wording/style is the same as used by cinemastore-new.   Cinemastore account was rebirthed in May 2013 and looks ready to start using, so may be him

Wow, I wish I had known all this.  I've bought from the guy many times before but never anything this big.  Had I known he'd been popping around on so many other accounts with bad feedback I would have easily passed, or tapped out long along, makes sense why he made his feedback private now he's going to sell on another one until those disapear over time.  eBay really needs to do something about sellers opening this many accounts and getting away with this.  Some other Italian pulled this stunt on me a few months back with some records I bought.  Over a month, gave me excuses then he got a bunch of negatives and closed his account.  I just recently found the guy again selling under a different name...  they're never smart enough to change their listing format though  eyeroll

Mirosae

« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »
Had I known he'd been popping around on so many other accounts with bad feedback I would have easily passed...

This is why I don't like buying on ebay. I know that there are reliable sellers out there but I much rather spend my time researching a poster than an ebay seller.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #334 on: August 12, 2013, 03:05:15 PM »
I screwed up and accidentally left the guy positive feedback  moron1, but the comment was negative and I gave him one star on everything, tried calling eBay to get them to change it and they said they can't!  eyeroll  I guess it really doesn't matter considering no one can read his feedback anyway since he's made it private.  But I did request eBay investigate him on the premise that he has multiple accounts and switches between them after he gets a bunch of negatives.  Package two came today, again just 1 poster...  My credit card company has already issued me a temporary credit regarding this transaction.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #335 on: August 12, 2013, 11:58:41 PM »
I screwed up and accidentally left the guy positive feedback  moron1, but the comment was negative and I gave him one star on everything, tried calling eBay to get them to change it and they said they can't!  eyeroll  I guess it really doesn't matter considering no one can read his feedback anyway since he's made it private.  But I did request eBay investigate him on the premise that he has multiple accounts and switches between them after he gets a bunch of negatives.  Package two came today, again just 1 poster...  My credit card company has already issued me a temporary credit regarding this transaction.
So what do you have 2 of 700 posters now??

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2013, 12:35:31 AM »
So what do you have 2 of 700 posters now??

2x  4F La Dolce Vita

Pancho

« Reply #337 on: August 14, 2013, 02:43:52 AM »
Here's another goose who should know better - george004

Apparently excellent condition means a 1 inch tear and creases. (I think Rick got a nice sized hole in his poster).
Postage at $18 consists of single layer cardbaord cut to the same size as the poster.
Poor description and worse packaging is what you'll get.

I've also found that he can take a painfully long time to post anything to you as well. Admittedly, I have received some nice posters form him, however I do cringe when I click on an eBay listing and see that it's his.

Not a dealer to totally avoid, but you better really want the poster.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #338 on: October 10, 2013, 10:00:25 PM »
So while I got my money back a few months ago on that Italian lot, it was made official last week as the credit card company sided in my favor.  Not sure why it took so long, Paypal was reviewing it for over a month and I was never asked for any more info, they must have been trying to get proof from that loser.  Oh well, his sending 3 posters in three separate packages didn't work out so well for him.

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2014, 04:51:43 PM »
As i am still a newbie here I've just been reading up on all the old topics. I seen that Bradburied has a pretty bad reputation so i decided to check his ebay shop out and there are no items in it! I recall a long time ago he had thousands in there. Has he finally got a conscience about selling knowing fakes on certain posters?

vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2014, 05:13:07 PM »
As i am still a newbie here I've just been reading up on all the old topics. I seen that Bradburied has a pretty bad reputation so i decided to check his ebay shop out and there are no items in it! I recall a long time ago he had thousands in there. Has he finally got a conscience about selling knowing fakes on certain posters?

Sometimes they switch account names.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #341 on: March 26, 2014, 07:39:07 PM »
Heres one from tloce
I get bored and check his negative feedback before he gets them removed

http://bit.ly/P33qAv

Buyers comments:
Sold me a bootleg. Not a real one as advertised
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:39:58 PM by jedgerley »

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2014, 11:58:48 AM »
Could someone post a running list of all the sellers previously listed that should be avoided? Would be easier to follow. Thanks! ;)
Rudy

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #343 on: April 19, 2014, 12:34:02 PM »
So I decided to make a running list of ebay sellers to avoid. Anyone have any others? Also hope this list is correct.

garyrich50
Moviegoods
Egbert
Bradburied
Tloceposters
Rokmodataol
Dragonbirdlw
Movieposterbargains
granadaposters
123-liquidation
cglaberson
kristelll
nejoker (stupid packaging)
pnbhudds
kings.trading.company
rixposterz
deel4you (packaging)
hadleyhints
b007art
posterstoreusa
hollywoodnoise
Poster Italia
xfileed916
mishik
bmattingly32
Mark27766
Rudy

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #344 on: April 19, 2014, 12:37:31 PM »
I always thought I'd heard that Cory Glaberson was a well known and liked dealer.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:45:22 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #345 on: April 19, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »
I always thought I'd heard that Cory Glaberson was a well known and liked dealer.

he is a top-notch dealer a great person.
I have no clue why anyone would put him on such a list and the same goes for Rixpopsterz

what problems did you have lalatin

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #346 on: April 19, 2014, 02:52:17 PM »
Rich, i think the list was compiled and pulled from this thread, overall, from various people.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:52:59 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #347 on: April 19, 2014, 02:55:20 PM »
I can't imagine having a problem with Cory

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #348 on: April 19, 2014, 05:34:10 PM »
Yeah I am surprised rixposterz and cglaberson would make any list of disrepute
Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #349 on: April 19, 2014, 08:48:45 PM »
I have bought stuff from granadaposters and cglaberson. Perfect -international- transactions both times.
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo