Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 261562 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 10:53:09 AM »
Hey guys I had to register here (and hopefully will be an active member to this awesome place, so much good info here!) to reinforce the views on Egbert (dealing with him under movieposterbargains) by sharing my first, and last experience with him.

I wanted to buy a few different posters, most notably the Inception one he has for sale right now, which after coming here and reading up a bit on him I am skeptical as to weather or not they're originals. I recently ordered 2 Inception posters from another seller for a GREAT deal but they arrived trashed so I have to find others. So I asked if there was a way I could get discount shipping and pay for them individually. Basically meaning if I wanted to buy 2 posters, I would pay for one plus the main shipping cost, then the other immediately after with the extra shipping, so 2 payments. I asked this because I have 2 different sources of funding I was going to use through PayPal. Direct transfer from a bank account and a credit card. Not an outrageous request right?

Well after it taking MANY back and forth messages over 2 days trying to explain what I wanted to do I finally had to spell it out step by step. After doing so I was told it was some sort of "violation of PayPal regulations". Another few back and forth messages and I think he finally got it and then told me that, well let me quote it:

"wasting like 15 minutes of my time on like 20 dollars of stuff yeah that makes much more sense right trying to get me to do this time wasting stuff for 20 bucks of stuff when its ludicrously easy to avoid bothering me with"

Now sifting through the atrocious grammar he was basically telling me that my simple request as to send boom boom 2 quick invoices for 2 different products was a waste of his time, not worth the time, and a bother. I still get a kick out of the fact that he thinks 15 minutes isn't worth a sale, and he thinks that helping me pay for his product that I'm willing to buy is a waste of time. How do people of this IQ and poor business sense have the ability to own businesses and/or companies and make money. It baffles me beyond belief.

I honestly can't see how this guy makes any money when he's got this kind of attitude. Just goes to show how bad the world is I guess.

I've only just started buying movie posters, I'm not a collector so to speak but I will buy a bunch that I like and put them up, and I have to say I'm extremely thankful to have found this forum to avoid people like this guy.

Thanks for this account...the stories similar are endless.

But you are safe now...here in good ol' APF.  Welcome!
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 11:41:18 AM »
I wouldnt touch it Harry.  There are very few people I would buy a mint looking rolled Blade Runner insert from, and a random ebay seller isnt one of them.  That isn't to say the guy is dishonest.  It's pretty possible he has no idea what a minty what it is how to distinguish one from an original.  Of course, it would be interesting to see what he would do if he was educated.  But in order to prove its a minty white, you would have to buy it first.  So its a catch 22 and not really worth the trouble.  Also worth noting is the item location (New York).  Obviously, these things have spread like a case of the clap at a swingers convention, but the epicenters are Rochester, NY and Claremore (Tulsa), OK.  Who knows how many comic/pawn/collectible shops that douche bag has been in hawking his wares.  Its probably reasonable to assume a higher frequency in these areas than anywhere else

Thanks for the response.  I wasn't planning to buy this insert, I'm not even in the market for one. I was more curious about the seller as they seem to have a mix of original and reprint items... a dangerous combination.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 12:33:47 PM »
But you are safe now...here in good ol' APF.  Welcome!

This is a great place to tap into a big knowledge and experience base.
Its cool when you see people who know a million times more than you asking questions. You know you are in the right place.

Dont be afraid to ask those questions. No matter what they are. I have both posted and pmed quite a few of what I thought were"stupid questions". There are no stupid questions.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »
Dont be afraid to ask those questions. No matter what they are. I have both posted and pmed quite a few of what I thought were"stupid questions". There are no stupid questions.

"The only stupid question is the one not asked."

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 05:58:04 PM »
Does anyone know anything about movieposterkings on eBay?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »
Isnt movieposterkings Loce?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
Nope, he is King Of Posters  ;D

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 08:24:18 AM »
Does anyone know anything about movieposterkings on eBay?

They have something I am looking at as well.  Anybody dealt with them before?  Harry, did you purchase from them?
Thanks in advance,
Conor
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 06:22:42 PM »
These are 4 that I've had more than one poor outcome with:

granadaposters
123-liquidation
cglaberson
kristelll

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 06:54:09 PM »
123-liquidations is a joke. Avoid him at all cost. I bought  around 15 posters from him all at once. He packaged them poorly inside a used 4x4x28 corrugated brown box. This box looked like it was at least 20 years old and there was no rigidness left in the cardboard. Needless to say, the posters arrived damaged. I returned the posters to him and his response was how do I know you didn't send back a box of moldy bananas. Never got a refund on $700.00 worth of posters I paid for from him. I had to file a claim with my credit card company and luckily they covered my loss. I am not sure if they ever went after him for the money or not. Paypal was worthless as they would not offer any support at all. 123-liquidations is the equivalent of Carson Cochren with Greg Eggberts personality. I was on the verge of making a trip to New York where he is from and paying him an unfriendly visit. He's a fucking joke.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:12:48 PM by Cj »

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 06:58:41 PM »
CJ, the same thing happened to me, except it was for just one $100 poster. It also arrived damaged, I sent it back and not a single penny was returned to me. Also his personality was the weirdest I've ever seen from a seller.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »
All yeah, i am pretty sure the worthless fucker filed an insurance claim too with USPS...fucking scam artist.

Yeah, im still a little bent about this turd.

Cj

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »
The ironic thing is that before our deal went "south", he referred me to this website before I became a member here. But I didn't sign up because of him. There was another dealer "wickedposters" who also referred me to this site. That's when I eventually signed up.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 07:12:08 PM »
I wonder who he is on here. If your here 123-liquidations you can go F-yourself.

Cj

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »
 sm1 cheers

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »
The ironic thing is that before our deal went "south", he referred me to this website before I became a member here.

jawdrop

He referred you here!?
And he treats you and others like this!?

moron1  moron1  moron1  moron1  moron1

Best wishes,
Adam

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 08:53:59 PM »
I had a poor experience with 123-liquidations too - a substantially over-graded poster poorly packed - I had to throw it away - I was too busy at the time to make a claim.

Mark

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 10:47:21 PM »

granadaposters
123-liquidation
cglaberson
kristelll

Funny, I've bought from all four and had no complaints.
Maybe they fear my avatar?
(I also use it on Ebay...)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 10:50:32 PM »
123-liquidations is a joke. Avoid him at all cost. I bought  around 15 posters from him all at once. He packaged them poorly inside a used 4x4x28 corrugated brown box. This box looked like it was at least 20 years old and there was no rigidness left in the cardboard. Needless to say, the posters arrived damaged. I returned the posters to him and his response was how do I know you didn't send back a box of moldy bananas. Never got a refund on $700.00 worth of posters I paid for from him. I had to file a claim with my credit card company and luckily they covered my loss. I am not sure if they ever went after him for the money or not. Paypal was worthless as they would not offer any support at all. 123-liquidations is the equivalent of Carson Cochren with Greg Eggberts personality. I was on the verge of making a trip to New York where he is from and paying him an unfriendly visit. He's a fucking joke.

That sucks hard, CJ.  I'm in New York.  Want I should pay a personal visit?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 04:54:17 PM »
Ted,

what is that last gif from? That hit looks real!

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2011, 04:56:05 PM »
I'm not sure.  It didn't have any info.
Sure does look like a real shot to the kisser, eh?
Ouch, that's got to leave a mark...

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2011, 04:39:56 PM »

granadaposters
123-liquidation
cglaberson
kristelll

What happened when you bought from cglaberson?  I've run into him a few times at comic cons, as he's local.  Looked at his website and catalog, but never bought anything as he never gives grades.  He'll take the time to photograph the item, but will never post a grade.  Always struck me as odd

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, 12:29:23 AM »
never had a problem with Cory (cglaberson) either.  Also, I have always found Kristell to be very helpful and personable.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Film Art Gallery

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
 i think Cory's a great guy - he does a lot of shows and i've always found him to be friendly and honest.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »

granadaposters
cglaberson

I`ve bought from both sellers (two different posters for the same movie!) and everything went perfect.
I`m now waiting for a 40x60 from Cory...

The two seemed like great guys to me
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo