Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 262305 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »
Originally, I also attributed Wonka (as in my Lebowski re-write) to helping you achieve your goal.  You have you now alienated yourself from him (perhaps your only ally during the process) through pure annoying and pointless shit.  

I take offense to this. Please edit/remove/strike from the record, etc.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:42:01 PM by wonka »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »
Urr....umm...in case you didn't see the timeline, the animated Homer gif was  posted before my "vulgarness".

Talking timelines, my posted thoughts emanate from one of your other said 'vulgarness' of yesterday:

No, it's not one ? mark. That asshole is nothing but a forum antagonist. He scoffed at my idea of a new sub-forum. Now he has to eat that new sub-forum.

One of life's simple rules...
Luke 6:31  Do to others as you would have them do to you.

For a pleasant forum, there is no place for Trolls. Else some people (naturally) will be inclined to take it upon themselves to defend others or themselves, or to rectify the unacceptable and often unchallenged behavior...

I do not subscribe to the view to simply ignore Trolls, or set to hide their posts. Without effective corrective action (by moderators), it is likely the Troll will steadily increase the behavior, having gained added confidence through being left largely unchallenged. In the mean time, likely driving away some members who find the new environment unpleasant.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2011, 10:06:48 PM »
It's bat shit funny how the original so called "war" was over the proposed sub-forum, yet, everybody seems to have given up that fight and have now moved on to my "character". Well, all my vulgar responses were in direct response to people not liking the sub-forum and their showing said opinion by attacking me in their posts or mocking of my many so called "spam" threads which I still haven't figured out the harm they created...oh it was something about the freeeequency.--got it....peh..... Can we stick to the original debate? Oh wait, that can't be debated any longer, so the only thing left is to make up something new like I suddenly became vulgar out of the blue and mentioning the reason would discredit anything the naysayers type or can manage to fucking cough up. FOLLOW THE BOUNCING BALLS GIRLS...You were against the sub-forum, you lost the war, and now your panties can't seem to unwind. My response...drum roll...to being ATTACKED FIRST...is completely irrelevant no matter how vulgar my responses.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:08:15 PM by Chop-Top »

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »
yeah take your dirty moth to NS4 ;)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:03:23 PM by 50s »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
WTF?
I knew you guys in Australia had some funky bugs, but that is the biggest damn moth I have ever seen.
Steroids? or Photoshop?

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2011, 03:16:31 AM »
Come on Ted, have another look at the hand and sponge...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2011, 03:44:27 AM »
Its just a baby, just a little one!

Actually I dont have access to photoshop currently to smooth the edges, so using something not much better than Paint

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2011, 03:50:39 AM »
Hey Steve, I'm not saying your work is poor ;). It's just Ted usually has a very sharp eye for this kind of thing. He may have been on the pop last night.... :D
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2011, 08:16:14 AM »
I would just like to point out that this pinned thread is now pretty much ruined.

Could we please in the future keep the infighting out of the informational threads?
-Jay-

Bruce

« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2011, 08:22:39 AM »
I think we can expect LOTS more threads to be "ruined" in the near future.

spew

Bruce

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Come on Ted, have another look at the hand and sponge...

I thought it was a still from THE DEVIL MOTH, the long-awaited sequel to Bela's THE DEVIL BAT...

Gimpy

« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
I would just like to point out that this pinned thread is now pretty much ruined.

Could we please in the future keep the infighting out of the informational threads?

I just read through this entire thread to catch up and see if any new information should be noted. I also in that time found out that about 50% of the thread was that Chop Top guy cussing out every forum member that posted here....why is he not banned? Unless I missed something of course, if it were my forum, he'd be gone after the first post.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2011, 10:38:57 AM »
I just read through this entire thread to catch up and see if any new information should be noted. I also in that time found out that about 50% of the thread was that Chop Top guy cussing out every forum member that posted here....why is he not banned? Unless I missed something of course, if it were my forum, he'd be gone after the first post.

I humbly request that the admins delete everything from response #72 onward and allow this thread to get back to its original useful purpose.
-Jay-

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2011, 02:37:27 AM »

Weren't you taught never to ass-u-me? See this thread for why Chop-Top has been attacked so much in recent weeks. Change tends to always hurt a large portion of the human race for some reason, even when it's in their best interest. Sigh..................

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,2632.0.html

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2011, 02:38:53 AM »
I humbly request that the admins delete everything from response #72 onward and allow this thread to get back to its original useful purpose.

I agree with your request. In fact, I'm all for forum moderation. Heck, it should have been done win I was getting all the attacks from the Peanut Gallery on this board. It didn't happen, so I had to defend myself. C'est la Vie!

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2011, 02:59:34 AM »
Anyone that participated can simply remove their own post if members feel the topic needs put back on track.

Stew

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2011, 08:48:24 AM »

Because we do not ban (generally) or censor here.  We will occasionally move posts though or ask that things be kept on track.

Banning happens only extreme circumstances such as:

Hate speech
Illegal activities -- ie. posting photos of a girl that's younger than the scotch I have in my cabinet (hasn't happened to my knowledge)
Stealing from another member -- you and another forum member agree on a deal for a couple of posters, and it can be reliably proven that you just didn't send the goods and refuse to return the money (this has happened)
SPAMMERS - a couple have made it through

any other banning offense I am forgetting fellas?
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »
If your name is Corey Cockring.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »
But yeah, hate speech is our biggest no-no.  Aside from that, people disagree, people bash, people mock and ridicule... that's just the nature of a public forum.  It's up to you to fight back or ignore the other person.  Chop-Top can be over the top sometimes, but I haven't read anything offensive yet.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2011, 02:52:08 PM »
But yeah, hate speech is our biggest no-no.  Aside from that, people disagree, people bash, people mock and ridicule... that's just the nature of a public forum.  It's up to you to fight back or ignore the other person.  Chop-Top can be over the top sometimes, but I haven't read anything offensive yet.

T

Awwww....yeah.....boyeeee!

sm1

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2011, 02:56:59 PM »
Chop-Top can be over the top sometimes, but I haven't read anything offensive yet.

Except maybe his avatar  :D
That thing creeps me out, which I assume is the whole point.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:57:57 PM by jayn_j »
-Jay-

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2011, 03:11:27 PM »

DING DING DING!

happy1

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »

Russel Brand never looked better IMHO.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2011, 08:19:21 AM »
well if you know the movie and know his ID thenn it makes sense, and if thats offensive, dont see the movie (and dont its shit - sorry chop top)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2011, 11:19:20 PM »
well if you know the movie and know his ID thenn it makes sense, and if thats offensive, dont see the movie (and dont its shit - sorry chop top)

What's better than Dennis Hopper taking on Leatherface!? The slurpy booty reference is just a bonus!

qip