Author Topic: Terminator 3 Lenticular Movie Theater Standee  (Read 2027 times)

Offline id63

• Beginner
Terminator 3 Lenticular Movie Theater Standee
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:22:16 AM »
Hi there - I have two giant lenticular movie posters, in their original box from Columbia Tristar together with the (cardboard) display and of course all the screws. One is unused - mint , the other one is in very good condition but you can see the cardboard has been used.That's why I assume it has been on display in a cinema. However, it could very well be that the poster is also unused as the screws are still unopened in the plastic bag. I have googled until my fingers got numb but couldn't find much about them. The only reference I could find is here and it includes a good description:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/terminator-cameron-schwarzenegger-3d-lenticular

Does anybody here (Hi Jason  ;) ) know how rare they are and what price they might fetch?  I am interested in selling the one that has been displayed... I don't know how much it will be to ship to the US though, still have to find that out...

Is anybody a worthpoint member and could tell me what price they realized back then?

Have a great day everybody-

Isa

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Terminator 3 Lenticular Movie Theater Standee
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 08:15:16 AM »
 welcome1 to the forum, Isa.

Im sure Jason or someone else here will be able to help you with that pricing question, or be able to get that worthpoint sales price for you, too.

Glad to have you here, too.

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 01:10:35 PM »
Lol Hi Isa!!! Been a while and hope you are doing well.
I was going to ask if anyone had a worthpoint membership too. My guess on shipping is between $200-$300 USD to ship a lenticular that size. Compared to about $90 for a 27x40.

So there was one this past year on ebay and not sure if it sold or not. Unable to find  the listing for it but I think they were asking $500?
So yeah they are not very common at all and ofcourse the size/shipping limits the buyers.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:13:37 PM by jedgerley »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »
Oh wait it is 6x4ft. Oh boy it probably will cost a lot more than $300 to ship. Hopefully you can sell it locally.
For reference I sent bus shelter lenticulars to Australia and if memory serves it was close to $1800 USD. Moviolaposters can confirm this.

Offline id63

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 01:42:37 PM »
Hi and thanks everybody! Yes, because of the size you will have to go with a shipping company. I will check into that. How did you ship the bus shelter ones to Australia? Flat? At least the Matrix bus shelters are so thick I wouldn't dare to roll them. The Terminator 3 is rolled up in a cardboard tube inside the box. I hope anybody here has an idea of what it's worth. :-(  I will definitely do up a list for the "collection" thread over the next couple of days.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 02:00:26 PM »
Oh thats right it rolls in a box! Great news! good luck on a finding a solid value. I tink the worthloint result is your only hope. You could sign up and then immediately cancel the membership?
Yeah those Matrix are too thick to roll.