Author Topic: THIS PLACE IS MORIBUND  (Read 23313 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: THIS PLACE IS MORIBUND
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2019, 07:43:53 AM »
 :o
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2019, 07:46:07 AM »
All i ever collected for the most part is what you describe below.  I don't think posters need to be vintage to be interesting, and I'm sure there are a lot of folks here that agree with me.  The most fascinating thing for me is to see what you're interested in.

Mine too - when my flickr account disappeared and all my links died. I spent so much time photographing and posting that the thought of trying to redo all of it was just too depressing. But I'm kind of a bottomfeeder anyway, so most of the loss is just mine. I came here to learn, and was pleasantly surprised with how a newbie was accepted. I still collect, but have moved on from lobbies to 1-sheets, Mondo, and some quads. Still, they are just films I like (nothing vintage), so I doubt many would be impressed or even interested. Even though I take more than I have to give, I learn a little more every day here. Enough rambling - just wanted to let you know how much the site is appreciated.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2019, 09:48:47 AM »
I still collect, but have moved on from lobbies to 1-sheets, Mondo, and some quads. Still, they are just films I like (nothing vintage), so I doubt many would be impressed or even interested. Even though I take more than I have to give, I learn a little more every day here. Enough rambling - just wanted to let you know how much the site is appreciated.

I'd like to see them! Sounds like the stuff I collect.

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2019, 11:01:17 AM »
Thanks Holiday and Tob. My problem is now finding a place I can trust to upload the pictures so they don't disappear again. I had been having problems logging in to Flickr for a while before my account vanished, so I'm reluctant to go back. I'm also traveling a lot for work, so finding time to photograph is difficult. I have some things arriving this week, so I'll rethink this.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2019, 08:25:43 PM »
For a while now we can attach images to APF

+1

This option to attach pics directly to a post has been available from the get go. That has never changed.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2019, 11:56:06 PM »
There's also no boob pictures anymore! I don't think there was ever a problem posting but the tone of the forum has changed. (I'm talking like since a few years ago and older). It toned down, then off, when the women joined like mirosa, but there's no women now? The forum is more sanitised.

All the horn dogs left... lol

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2019, 09:57:36 AM »
+1

This option to attach pics directly to a post has been available from the get go. That has never changed.  thumbsup.gif

Are there limits on file size, dimensions, number of attachments? I don't see any info in the ATTACHMENTS thread where Holiday had stated the site is near the storage limit.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2019, 01:16:00 PM »
Are there limits on file size, dimensions, number of attachments? I don't see any info in the ATTACHMENTS thread where Holiday had stated the site is near the storage limit.

The site storage limit was increased, so images can be attached by clicking on the "Attachments and other options" link that is right below and new post window. I will go in and add the file size limits to that other thread, but up to 10 attachments can be added, and the size limit is 1500kb (or 1.5 mb), which allows for a nice hi res image to be uploaded.

To attach: When a new post window is opened, just click on the wording right below the window, in blue, which reads: "Attachments and other options." A menu will then drop down, allowing you to select images from your PC/Mac to add to your post.

Or, as many do, using a 3rd party photo hosting site like Flickr or others is also the option.  :)

-Jeff

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2019, 01:18:46 PM »
Thanks, Jeff!