Author Topic: My Poster Horror Story!  (Read 21712 times)

Mirosae

Re: My Poster Horror Story!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 01:21:30 PM »
I could tell another horror story about framing...but i won't. Life is too short.

One thing I've learnt about this hobby: no pain no gain.  The amount of crap (excuseme) I had to put up with for my poster luv (vintage) eyeroll

I'm a masochist . Clearly. A ***** one.

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 04:03:33 PM »
I'm with the self framers.  It's worth the small added outlay of cash and time to get a mat cutter and go framing. My cutter cost less than a hundred bucks, even though it is small,I still mat and frame one sheets into 30.5'' x 43'' frames (my personal standard for one sheets) and any other size or number of windows that strikes me fancy.

I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2014, 04:28:54 PM »
 jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop wow1 wow1

Beautiful, Lynn.

Mama mia!!

Those give a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Framed Horror Stories."  clap
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:12:58 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 06:49:33 PM »
I'm with the self framers.  It's worth the small added outlay of cash and time to get a mat cutter and go framing. My cutter cost less than a hundred bucks, even though it is small,I still mat and frame one sheets into 30.5'' x 43'' frames (my personal standard for one sheets) and any other size or number of windows that strikes me fancy.

You certainly know how to do it. It looks rather impressive. And I very much like your display too fab! happy1

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 11:53:18 PM »
Lynn, adjusting the mat size in a same size frame is a great idea. And the fact that you are doing the assembly yourself is another huge plus. No reason to throw money away, in any case. Your final framing jobs look top notch. Congrats again!   cheers

-Jeff

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2014, 03:30:43 AM »
The care and feeding of the Pile-O-Paper™ can get pricey. As a DYI guy, I spent some time screwing up a lot of mats and experimenting with frame depths. The availability of plexi was a god send with the weight reduction and shatterproofness. I always disliked glass with it's handling characteristics, especially now that I've been moving around a lot more. 
I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 01:55:24 PM »
The care and feeding of the Pile-O-Paper™ can get pricey. As a DYI guy, I spent some time screwing up a lot of mats and experimenting with frame depths. The availability of plexi was a god send with the weight reduction and shatterproofness. I always disliked glass with it's handling characteristics, especially now that I've been moving around a lot more. 

And figuring a mat is the least expensive part of the framing process, at least you got it down pat, after some trial and error, sounds like, Lynn. And plexi.. so much better than glass, both from a non-heat retaining POV, its weight, and potential for poster damage, should a frame with glass fall off the wall or be accidentally dropped.

Nothing like a shard of broken glass cutting into beautiful poster.  :'(

-Jeff

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 12:02:46 AM »
That is an awesome couple of walls Lyn.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2015, 03:03:36 PM »

Worth a Bump and a look-see... the material and frames are outstanding, lynn.  clap clap

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 05:39:48 PM »
Hey fella.

I do wonder sometimes as to the thinking behind these bumps of historic threads that might have served their purpose...  But this is really superb.

(The cat gymnasium, notwithstanding)

I would love to think that these people who started these threads, have actually subscribed to them, get a notification, and then come back to the fold...  But thanks for the trawling that you must evidently do.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 05:55:16 PM »
Lynn has his framing just right.. he uses all similar framing for unity & he uses the same standard for matting - black mat which is what should be used, if you're going to use a mat.

this is not the same as someone who may just have one or two posters in their home with all kinds of different stuff on their walls with each framed uniquely

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 12:00:35 AM »
Lyn's place is stunning...
 clap clap clap clap

Hey Jeff, I want to echo what Simes said.
Thanks for re-igniting this thread.
 cheers

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2015, 12:05:31 AM »
Sure thing, fellow bruders in the poster collecting realm. As they say, a pic(s) is worth a 1000 words...

And it's good for the APF new-sters, too!! We love Lynn's poster goodness!  :D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:08:16 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff