Author Topic: Help me identify this foreign poster for Laure aka Laura with Annie Belle (1975)  (Read 8874 times)

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
I have ever only seen reprints of this poster, where it is identified as Spanish. However, I own a Spanish poster for the film and it is totally different! I have never seen an original for this style. I even showed this picture to the owner of Groucho & Yo in Barcelona, and he could not identify it. Any ideas? Is it even Spanish?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:14:33 PM by rumble »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
When i put "un film ideado escrito e interpretado por" in google translate it identifies the language as Galacian spoken in Northwestern Spain, spoken by 3 million and is closely related to portuguese. thanks wikipedia!!
Hope that helps ya, maybe its a regional poster for just Northest Spain/Portugal border

Mirosae

I doubt it is Spanish. It refers to it as " un film".  Spanish posters will read "una pelicula"

I assume it is for or from a Spanish speaking audience..maybe South America.

And it is not Galician. I can assure you that. .. :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:52:25 PM by Mirosae »

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Probably colombian, or even mexican. Not argentinean nor brasilian for sure, and there's not a lot other posters from latin american countries around. I'll see what I can find out
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
I doubt it is Spanish. It refers to it as " un film".  Spanish posters will read "una pelicula"

I assume it is for or from a Spanish speaking audience..maybe South America.

And it is not Galician. I can assure you that. .. :)

Damn and I thought I was on track ha ha.  Wheres the emoticon that puts a foot in your mouth.

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
Thanks, at least this explains why it never turns up on Spanish eBay! The butterfly image does appear on a 7" vinyl single release of the theme song, but I do not own it or have an image. If anyone can lead me to an original poster that would be very helpful!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Damn and I thought I was on track ha ha.  Wheres the emoticon that puts a foot in your mouth.

Jason.. i think this one is as close as it gets so far ---  hitself

;D

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Jason.. i think this one is as close as it gets so far ---  hitself

;D

ya I need a foot as big as the Monty Python foot the head slapping hasn't worked :)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
It's Middle Earthian
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I have ever only seen reprints of this poster, where it is identified as Spanish. However, I own a Spanish poster for the film and it is totally different! I have never seen an original for this style. I even showed this picture to the owner of Groucho & Yo in Barcelona, and he could not identify it. Any ideas? Is it even Spanish?

Hey rumble,

Here's an Italian locandina with almost the same "un film ideado escrito e interpretado da" at the top of it, and that was making people scratch their heads a bit. This one, though, has "da" at the end of the line, rather than "por."

But when I put both lines into Google translate, using both "da" and "por," the application detected the language as Italian, and in both cases translated (both) lines in English as: "a film designed, written and interpreted by"

Maybe yours is Italian, too?

I dont see your pic in your post anymore to compare. Do you have another image if it, by any chance?

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:29:44 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
Thanks! And what a coincidence, I was just looking at this thread the other day! I have still not been able to find the poster's origin or locate an original. I still have the image on my hard drive but with Photobucket gone bust I am not sure how to upload it here.

Given the similarity to the Italian locandina, I am starting to think it may be an Italian double photobusta?

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:54:44 AM by rumble »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Thanks! And what a coincidence, I was just looking at this thread the other day! I have still not been able to find the poster's origin or locate an original. I still have the image on my hard drive but with Photobucket gone bust I am not sure how to upload it here.

Given the similarity to the Italian locandina, I am starting to think it may be an Italian double photobusta?

And because MPS is just printing up repros in either 11x17 or 27x40 size, it would be helpful, too, to know the size of the original.

And with the same 3 photos (except in b/w), the similar "film ideato" line and style of title font as that used on the locandina, it seems to be that it might also be Italian.

Even the Italian 2F has the same title font and almost that same wording at the top:

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:25:46 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
Great detective work! I went on Italian eBay and could not find it, but I’ll keep watching. Been wanting this poster for a long time!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Although on the poster you're looking for (i just checked this now), the wording "direccion de" (per Goggle Translate), shows it as being the Spanish language for "directed by," and not the Italian language.

Hmmmmm...

We might still have a mystery on our hands.  sherlockholmes.gif

-Jeff

Offline kubu

• Beginner
the link of moviepostershop is leading to a poster with spanish text (por, en el rol de...)

while the other ones are italian. (da, nel roulo di)

have a look at the very similar but indeed different words in the titel phrase ( italian - spanish)

ideato - ideado
scritto - escrito
interpretato - interpretado

in may spanish speaking contries (espec. central america) "film" is equally used as "pelicula". also sometimes in spain. so we can only speculate which spanish speaking country might be the origin.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:15:31 PM by kubu »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
And without any printer's info on that poster, either.  :-\

-Jeff

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
So still no closer to a solution!

It is also possible it is not a even poster but e.g. a magazine advertisement. I spent years chasing an English-language Mexican BATWOMAN poster until I realised that it had been reproduced came from a DVD cover!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
So still no closer to a solution!

It is also possible it is not a even poster but e.g. a magazine advertisement. I spent years chasing an English-language Mexican BATWOMAN poster until I realised that it had been reproduced came from a DVD cover!

Great point, rumble. For the poster that you've been looking for... have you ever found anything that indicates its size? Or have you been searching based solely on the image alone?

-Jeff

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
So the plot thickens! Google Imagesearch led me to a DVD release that uses this image on the cover. But it looks like they took an existing piece of promotional material and added it to the DVD cover.

The language seems to be Spanish but I'm not sure if the DVD is from Spain. Can someone verify?

https://www.todocoleccion.net/cine-peliculas-dvd/laura-anonimo-emmanuelle-arsan-cliver-annie-belle-cine-erotico-1975-2009-dvd~x38684107

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
With that line, up in the pink area, translating from Spanish to "masterpieces of erotic cinema," sure seems to look like that DVD would be from Spain.

What's interesting, too, is that on the poster you're looking for, the western spelling of LAURA is used, rather than what was used on the the Italian posters (LAURE).

-Jeff

Offline kubu

• Beginner
following the link and scrolling down you see the back of the dvd but unfortunately the resolution is low. But the company "el pais" is the largest newspaper of spain. and the style of the letters on the dvd is similar to the ones used on their headline so I suppose that it has the same origin: spain.

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
Spanish it is, then. But it is not the regular Spanish release poster, even though the Spanish one-sheet uses the same logo! Possibly a VHS cover?