Author Topic: Trump-Pence Fascist Posters  (Read 7011 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Trump-Pence Fascist Posters
« on: March 30, 2017, 06:32:56 PM »
There was a bicycle event here in west LA, last Sunday (CICLAVIA), with a route extending from Culver City to Venice, with the street closed off to traffic, so people could walk, bike, jog, skate, whatever they wanted, along this pathway. It went from 9 am to about 6 pm.

The night before, Saturday, I walked to the local market and along the road were these posters, sandwiched around poles, on trees, etc. When they were put up, I dont know. Maybe in thew wee hours of Saturday morning/Friday night. Many had been torn down, ripped in half, etc, and by Sunday morning most were gone. So i decided to pick up a few off the ground, as I walked home, just for posterity's sake.

They measure 17x22 inches, are on a heavier, glossy stock & printed on both sides with the 2 messages.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 01:22:03 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Trump-Pence Fascist Posters
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »
I have no doubt that if you start a collection of these posters, there will be a lot of them in many places in the coming months.

I remember how much protesting there was during Nixon, and this is looking to be about the same

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 07:37:35 PM »
I only grabbed them because they were literally laying on the sidewalk, as I walked home. No collection or seeking of others is going to be started, as this isnt my area of interest in poster collecting.

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 07:36:56 PM »
I have old posters, pinback buttons etc, from political rallies, protests, union causes, etc.  You guys know I am into this. Just another sweet spot where history intersects with art. 

Offline kubu

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 05:22:56 AM »
I especially like this one which found its way into the print media here in Europe. The mix of finance and fascism in the symbol is brilliant.
By the way I'm very fond of the thread about the "liberal agenda". It is a good example for intellectual immunity (similar to religious extremists, vaccination deniers and so on)