Graphic and Fine Art Posters > Show Us Your Collection!

Let's see your Pictorial Maps (or other maps)!

<< < (2/6) > >>

erik1925:
They do have a nice look to them and could blend in more readily with your decor (as your wife is probably thinking  ;)  ).

Is there a way you can pinpoint what year they were printed? I know you thought one might be a later printing of a 1930's one.

DekeThornton:
I have found other images online that show small differences in copyright registration notices, publisher details, etc.

There is a guy named David Rumsey that has an amazing collection of maps all with high resolution images available online. Apparently, he donated his collection to Stanford recently.

His site shows some of the variants:
http://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/view/search?sort=Pub_List_No_InitialSort%2CPub_Date%2CPub_List_No%2CSeries_No&q=Miguel+medina&search=Go

So it is probably possible for me to at least settle on a decade for my copies, but I haven't put in much detective work yet.

erik1925:
A very cool site there with the variant images. And nothing better than hi resolution imagery to help with the  sherlockholmes.gif work.

Good luck in the research.

mexicohappy.gif

DekeThornton:
Yet another pictorial Mexican map. This is a 1930's map of Mexico City which includes a business directory.

DekeThornton:
This one is for the Angelenos.

Title Insurance & Trust Company:  The Old Spanish and Mexican Ranchos of Los Angeles County

ca. 1940

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version