Author Topic: Help with these Misterio en la Isla de los Monstruos posters, please?  (Read 2152 times)

aykattack

Greetings~
I have eight posters, all different, of what I think are posters for the Spanish version of Jules Verne's Mystery On Monster Island.  Each one measures 13.25" x 18.75".  Some of them have International Film Distribution S.A. printed on them.  Are these, in fact, movie posters?  I have searched high and low, and have come up with very little information about both the English and Spanish movie posters.  I know there are different names for different sizes of movie posters, but I am well out of my league.  Any information would be most appreciated.  If there are too many pics please let me know and I will edit my post.
Thanks!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Help with these Misterio en la Isla de los Monstruos posters, please?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 01:43:38 AM »
Welcome to APF, aykattack.  I don't know much about Spanish-language photos like 6 of the lobby card-like pics that you have posted, but I believe the 13x20 print of the poster itself is a repro. I don't think they were printing 13x20s of any movie posters in 1981, the original year of this film's release. Especially in the Spanish-language campaigns...

Here is a current, one sheet-sized poster for sale on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jules-Verne-Mystery-Monster-Island-FRANK-FRAZETTA-OS-/250456752385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5062c101

If the small version of this poster is printed on the same type paper as all of the photos that you bought and are the exact same size, I suspect they might all be repros.  Did you buy all of these from the same seller? Did you buy them on Ebay, or somewhere else?

There also appears to be two different styles of the lobby card and another piece that looks like a contact sheet of numerous pics. It is an odd assortment.

Maybe one of our members will have a more definitive answer.

BTW, despite what the art looks like and the ebay seller's description that I posted, Frank Frazetta did not provide the art.  They are just swipes from at least three of Frazetta's more famous pieces.