Author Topic: Tyler Stout  (Read 169797 times)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
Re: Tyler Stout
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2011, 05:45:32 PM »
does anyone know where i can see a list of his prints in release order?

guest8

« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »
your best bet would probably be EB

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2011, 06:58:03 PM »
does anyone know where i can see a list of his prints in release order?

This is what I did when I listed a picture of the prints I own on page 4 of this thread.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2011, 07:20:52 PM »
Would love to see Tyler returning to the best decade in terms of source material for his next piece.

And by 'best' I mean the 80s.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »
cheers t... just see it.. where would bllt go?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2011, 08:16:50 PM »
cheers t... just see it.. where would bllt go?

bllt?
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2011, 08:20:15 PM »
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:21:24 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

raulleaf

« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2011, 08:20:36 AM »
So there are two of these theaters in Houston; do they sell these posters at the theaters?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »
Even the not so famous titles are starting to sell now: Robocop

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »
Yesterday, another Robocop sold for $606, and today, a Big Trouble in Little China variant.  Going up, and up, and up.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2011, 08:40:51 PM »
My updated Tyler collection:

My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2011, 08:42:16 PM »
For those of you who didn't get Tyler's Captain America, his lottery is tomorrow.

Good luck!
My Personal Collection

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2011, 12:55:57 AM »
My updated Tyler collection:

Wow!  Way to break up your theme and do something different.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2011, 07:01:40 PM »
So... did anyone in here win?
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »
No I have yet to win any of his lotteries :(

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »
Two friends of mine, not members of this forum, won after I told them about the lottery.  So it does happen.

Sorry to hear, Dave.

T
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 09:24:01 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2011, 09:32:31 PM »
Its ok .. I have them already I was trying for these to give to my brother .. But It seems odd to hear about all of these 1st timers getting them and people that try each and every time keep getting nothing .. Oh well .. I wonder what will be the next best thing ;)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2011, 09:33:32 PM »
It's called a lottery, Dave, and I know for a fact it's completely legit.
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2011, 09:36:57 PM »
LOL .. after typing that I remembered after the last lottery I think I said something on EB about how the same people keep winning multiple times .. See i just goes to show you cant make me happy :P Maybe his method is the most random .. I think it sucks, its random but at least with mondo if youre willing to put in the effort you can increase your odds of getting one ... I like thinking I have a chance .. I dont even get excited about Tylers lottery .. its like Im resigned to lose already .. :/

guest8

« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2011, 09:38:43 PM »
It's called a lottery, Dave, and I know for a fact it's completely legit.
Oh I never question the legitimacy of tylers lotteries .. Im just sour grapes for losing :P 

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2011, 12:32:54 AM »
I won...second time I've entered...doubt I'll keep it, but we'll see when it gets here.
Ves

Bowana

« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2011, 02:44:37 PM »
I won as well.  Got the regular so now I am in search of the variant as well.  I still need to track down a Kill Bill and would like an Akira but the price point is rediculous.

treegate

« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2011, 12:48:31 AM »
I won as well.  Got the regular so now I am in search of the variant as well.  I still need to track down a Kill Bill and would like an Akira but the price point is rediculous.

Actually Akira was fetching a few thousand dollars when it first hit the internet as being the first MMM print, and that only 180 were made of the standard and 80 variants, which is extremely low for a Stout run nowadays. The Thing standard had a print run of 210 and fetches $2000+ nowadays, so technically there are less Akira standards than are Thing standards out there. Both masterpieces in their own right, but Akira seems to be around the $800-$1000 price range and I don't see it coming down at all due to the low number, scarcity, and other factors. I kick myself for not buying The Thing last year for $500, now it's four times that amount and will probably continue to climb in value.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2011, 02:05:43 AM »
Actually Akira was fetching a few thousand dollars when it first hit the internet as being the first MMM print, and that only 180 were made of the standard and 80 variants, which is extremely low for a Stout run nowadays. The Thing standard had a print run of 210 and fetches $2000+ nowadays, so technically there are less Akira standards than are Thing standards out there. Both masterpieces in their own right, but Akira seems to be around the $800-$1000 price range and I don't see it coming down at all due to the low number, scarcity, and other factors. I kick myself for not buying The Thing last year for $500, now it's four times that amount and will probably continue to climb in value.

You have a low standard for masterpieces...

treegate

« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2011, 01:41:09 PM »
You have a low standard for masterpieces...

I should have said I was using the word "masterpiece" lightly in my posting, knew someone would comment. Both great films in my opinion though.