Author Topic: October 2016  (Read 37648 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: October 2016
« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2016, 02:39:18 AM »
before you take a better pic, have it backed and restored, lots of paint, looks silly as it is.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2016, 03:38:38 AM »
Nice.  You never know what you're gonna find in some of them bulk lots, eh?

nope. too bad I didn't find a few as everything else was mostly duplicates in those boxes

Nice find and score, Rich. Now take a better picture of that poster.  hitself   ;D

see next comment

before you take a better pic, have it backed and restored, lots of paint, looks silly as it is.

why would I need a better pic? They just needed something to use as a guide when they get to the paint part......

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2016, 04:11:43 AM »
PERFECT!
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2016, 01:17:24 PM »
So a few modern ones again...

And shock of shocks, some US 1shts.... they were cheap. ;)

It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2016, 01:18:58 PM »
nope. too bad I didn't find a few as everything else was mostly duplicates in those boxes

see next comment

why would I need a better pic? They just needed something to use as a guide when they get to the paint part......

So true, Rich, so true!!!

laugh1 qip

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2016, 01:20:23 PM »
Nice Dr Terror, there, Paul. Looks in amazing condition, too!

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2016, 02:20:20 PM »
Rich, will you have Posterfix do the ET painting honors this time?  GoOn.gif

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2016, 02:28:52 PM »
Hi there. When the APF clock strikes midnight tonight (9pm my time), I'll be posting a bonus Halloween post of ho-hum new acquisitions. As is my custom, here is a sample of what you'll see---not the worst...but not the best.

THE CONJURING 2:

MAGDALENA - POSSESSED BY THE DEVIL (German):

BLUEBEARD'S 10 HONEYMOONS:

Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2016, 04:05:25 PM »

Been after a cheap one of these for years.
Lucky you!
 cheers

• Post-aholic
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2016, 04:59:10 PM »
Rich, will you have Posterfix do the ET painting honors this time?  GoOn.gif

let's not & say we did

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2016, 05:02:42 PM »
thanks.. and YESSSSSSSS!  dancingalien.gif

The ET Advance was in Eric's stack, Rich?  Shit, I should have looked closer.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2016, 07:36:38 PM »
The ET Advance was in Eric's stack, Rich?  Shit, I should have looked closer.

T

you realize I had to go through 46 boxes to find it?

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2016, 08:18:14 PM »
you realize I had to go through 46 boxes to find it?

I own a couple rolled copies, but you know me, I'm greedy.  I would have bought it for sure.  You suck.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2016, 08:19:02 PM »
snowman is great Paul.
An Error Has Occurred!

• Post-aholic
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2016, 08:23:31 PM »
I own a couple rolled copies, but you know me, I'm greedy.  I would have bought it for sure.  You suck.

T

sm1

-------

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2016, 10:11:21 PM »

I like it that I don't even know what this means!!

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #191 on: October 31, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »
Great B1 pick ups!  Especially love that Bill the Butcher and the character Kill Bills. Best of luck tracking down a Go-Go!
Well, a full set of the 4 character Kill Bills came up for auction tonight, was quickly priced out of my league, the Go-Go went for $300, the Bride for $250, O-Ren and Elle Driver $180 each  :'(

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #192 on: October 31, 2016, 10:12:04 PM »
Well, a full set of the 4 character Kill Bills came up for auction tonight, was quickly priced out of my league, the Go-Go went for $300, the Bride for $250, O-Ren and Elle Driver $180 each  :'(

That's pretty high rates for those, eh?  Where were they up for auction, if you don't mind me asking?

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2016, 12:19:15 AM »
This is really a sample of my Nov. 1 post, but I'll tag ity on the end of October to give someone else the spotlight for November.

Just a sample of my post:

SINDBAD THE SAILOR:

THE BOYS NEXT DOOR:

THERE WAS A LITTLE GIRL:

For months I've been saying the well was running dry... After this sample, I think you'll finally agree with me.

Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2016, 12:40:26 AM »
That's pretty high rates for those, eh?  Where were they up for auction, if you don't mind me asking?
I feel that's quite high but the Japanese Kill Bill's (1 and 2) B1s always have a lot of action when they come up for auction.  A copy of the Kill Bill 2 kill list (Japanese B1) went for $250 a few months back.  The Gogo and Driver were the first time I'd seen them this year.
It was on Yahoo Auction Japan.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2016, 12:54:16 AM »
Devin, what pushes or makes the KILL BILL material rather pricey, for the most part?

-Jeff

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #196 on: November 01, 2016, 01:51:07 AM »
Devin, what pushes or makes the KILL BILL material rather pricey, for the most part?

Hey Jeff,
just my speculation but my feeling is...

1) Kill Bill is a "cool" American movie from a respected director which has a strong Japanese connection.  So Japanese people want it and they want the Japanese version.  Huge generalisation but if something from the USA has a Japanese connection in it, it's news.

2) Whenever Kill Bill B2s and B1s come up there are ALWAYS the same 2-3 bidders who seem to be hoarding most of the Japanese Kill Bill material.

The 3 B1s that I picked up were an anomaly.  The seller only posted them for few days and they only had 3 or 4 watchers.  I didn't have to get into a bidding battle.  I just paid the opening bid price.  I was sweating like a hog as the timer counted down waiting for one of the regulars to pop in.  Maybe they passed because the posters had some damage on the edges.

3) Often the Japanese versions are posted with a low opening price $10 to $20.  So of course, that generates a lot of watches and subsequent bidding.  Some of the foreign versions are posted with a higher opening bid ($100 and over) and they've been sitting around for months.

4) Scarcity, these character versions / Kill List / Uma in the Desert just don't pop up as often.  The Desert version came up about 2 or 3 months ago but was quickly pulled from auction.  I bought another poster from the same seller and asked him about it and he said that the first bidder (at $20) had contacted him and they had made a deal.  On a side note, a month later, the Desert went for $900 on EMP, my feeling is that it was the same copy.  The regular B1s of KB1 Uma in yellow and KB2 Uma in the bride outfit can usually be had for about $50-70.  Another example, about 4 months ago, vinyl banners of the character versions went up for sale, they too went for a crazy amount (unfortunately I forget the actual numbers).  Cinemasterpieces had a set of 3 that sold for $5000. 

5) Bidding on Yahoo Japan is much like EMP, Audrey Hepburn, Steve McQueen, Humphrey Bogart etc.. are all hard to get.  If these Kill Bills, especially the GoGo and Elle Driver, showed up on EMP ($10 says they do...), they'd probably go for $200 and up...  Whereas the US 1 sheet for KB2 (side profile of Uma with sword) would go for $20, on Yahoo Japan that version just sits there.

I'm starting to ramble, sorry but, again this is just my speculation, I'm sure that someone like Armin or Matt could give a much better informed opinion.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #197 on: November 01, 2016, 01:53:59 AM »
Didn't Japan also have a different version of the film when released?
(sorry I haven't seen the movie) but I seem to recall, all colour perhaps and more gore (?)
So a poster that is from a superior (?) release might attract some people.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2016, 02:29:54 AM »
Didn't Japan also have a different version of the film when released?
(sorry I haven't seen the movie) but I seem to recall, all colour perhaps and more gore (?)
So a poster that is from a superior (?) release might attract some people.
That could be a draw, Ari, the Japanese version doesn't change to B/W during the big fight; here's a link with a rundown of the differences (there were quite a few!)
http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1588

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2016, 12:15:00 PM »
Thanks for the insight and explanation, Devin. All makes sound sense, as the US material usually seems to fetch good prices, too.

-Jeff