Author Topic: Dedicated section for propaganda posters?  (Read 7502 times)

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
Dedicated section for propaganda posters?
« on: September 29, 2016, 03:19:40 AM »
Would the mods be in favor of creating a dedicated section for propaganda posters?

Right now, there is no clear obvious home for propaganda poster-related topics.  I typically post propaganda stuff in Advertising, but some other members post their propaganda items in Graphic and Fine Art Posters.

I know there is a risk with creating more sections that things will get too fragmented and hard to find -- that being said, I think a propaganda section would get enough posts and interest to justify its existence.

What say the mods and other forum members?

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Dedicated section for propaganda posters?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 04:16:23 AM »
This suggestion is simply propaganda, exaggerated need, for the purpose of creating a centralised location to base expanshionist plans to take over the forum

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 12:45:13 PM »
Maybe we can rename the Advertising section to Political and Advertising Posters.

Then, we take over the world. 

Actually, why not plunk a propaganda poster in the banner while we are at it...or change the forum name to Movie Poster Forum   :P

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 12:45:50 PM »
This suggestion is simply propaganda, exaggerated need, for the purpose of creating a centralised location to base expanshionist plans to take over the forum

This looks and sounds scary, Steve.  ;D

And Deke, a Propaganda section could be created- not a problem. Any thought under which board it should be housed? Since some do advertise to promote a cause (or join) and others are more image (graphic) driven, where do you think the sub-section would best fit. Or we could just create another board on its own.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:48:41 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 01:04:38 PM »
Deke, et al,

The dedicated Propaganda Poster section has been set up.

I will move the various propaganda poster collections to the "Show Us Your Collection" board of that section.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:05:25 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 12:16:11 AM »
Deke, et al,

The dedicated Propaganda Poster section has been set up.

I will move the various propaganda poster collections to the "Show Us Your Collection" board of that section.

What quick service! Thanks for creating the new section!

clap