Author Topic: Hello APF  (Read 3775 times)

BigBen75

Hello APF
« on: August 23, 2016, 11:00:19 AM »
I should introduce myself.  I've made a few posts but I didn't think to post here.

I'm Ben.  I'm 40, married to a great woman for 8 years now, we have two little girls, 6 & 4.  I live in the dead zone between Buffalo, NY and Niagara Falls, NY.  We recently adopted a kitty as the family pet.  I've also kept fish for a number of years.

I'm a mechanical designer by day, which basically means I do the job of a mechanical engineer and draftsman all day.  It's an OK gig.

I collect mostly new and recent releases, heavy on the Marvel & DC Universe.  I also collect theater mylars, that's more of a side project when I'm bored and have a few extra dollars.

Not quite three years ago, I suffered an idiopathic sudden cardiac arrest.  Meaning my heart stopped and I dropped dead at my desk during work on a monday morning and no one can tell me why.  I was 'dead' for just about three minutes before being shocked with an AED.  I spent 9 days in the hospital, four of them in a coma.  After 11 weeks at home, I was able to return to work with a defibrillator implanted in my chest.  Occasionally, I have brain lapses that cause me to forget how to spell things, omit words in sentences or change train of thought in mid sentence.  I catch most of them, but they slip by sometimes.

I've enjoyed seeing everyone's collections so far!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: Hello APF
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 12:00:02 PM »
Welcome!  With 2 daughters of my own I can imagine the impact of such a scare...  Glad to have you with us! 
With Steve and Chris back now, the community is accustomed to brain lapses, omissions, etc, so no worries on that front  thumbsup.gif

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 04:15:13 PM »
Geez that sux Chris, I hope you find your missing posters

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:52:14 PM »
Welcome to the party.... And your health concerns are scary--and a good reminder to us all that you never know how long you have. In the mean time there are always POSTERS! CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 01:02:59 AM »
Welcome and enjoy the forum, Ben.

Good to hear that you are doing well and pulled thru your health emergency.

Jeff

-Jeff

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 04:35:01 AM »
Welcome!

Health scare sound petrifying, glad you came through it ok. Looking forward to seeing some photos of your posters! I like Marvel and DC stuff too.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 02:43:52 AM »
Welcome to APF, Ben.
You out in Tonawanda? I've trucked the Buffalo-Niagara area pretty thoroughly and there's a lot of nice real estate in Western NY.
It is kinda quiet, though.
Good place to sort out health issues and --- hoard movie posters!
Looking forward to seeing your collection.
 cheers