Author Topic: WANTED: Fun Three Sheet or 4F  (Read 2268 times)

Offline laikaislost

• Beginner
WANTED: Fun Three Sheet or 4F
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »
Hello APF,

So I am looking for a fun 3sht or 4F poster to live next to my Viking Women and the Sea Serpent poster (
)  Budget is as cheap as possible, with a ceiling of $1,500 USD.  The poster I buy will be loved, backed, and framed.

I would prefer a good monster movie or saucer men type poster, but as we know those rarely go for that cheap.  Ideally (as in assuming it ever came up within my price range), I would love a 'this island earth', 'Invasion of the Saucer Men', 'It Came From Outer Space', 'Them!', or anything similar.  Bonus points if you can find a good Corman poster.  But, anything that would match in color and pair well would be killer.  Westerns and war posters are rarely my thing unless the art is spectacular.

Ive been eyeing the following, but I am not sold on any of these for the best price I can find yet:

I was really tempted to get a harakiri italian 4F poster (since it is beautiful), but I don't think the colors would match with my current wall. 

I would love to get some Ideas and recommendations.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Re: WANTED: Fun Three Sheet or 4F
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:27:23 PM »
The general advice is that the fun is in the chase.  If you want the titles you mention at the prices you describe, your best bet is to monitor the auction sites.  This sort of material turns up regularly.

Bruce at emovieposter.com has an auction of "really oversize" items starting on Thursday.

It is more likely though that the material you mention is going to be part of a major or signature auction.  Horror/monster is always desirable to a large portion of the community, so it is difficult to get cheap.  Bruce's major starts on August 7 and runs for 2 weeks in 4 parts.  I bet something you like will show up there.

Heritage also has regular signature auctions.  One is currently running and closes in a couple of days
http://movieposters.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=54+793+794+791+792+2088+4294947539
-Jay-

Offline laikaislost

• Beginner
Re: WANTED: Fun Three Sheet or 4F
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:14:55 PM »
Thanks for the tip!  Ill check out Bruce's oversized auction.

I have been watching ebay for the last 5 months pretty obsessively, and keep getting sniped by people with deeper pockets than me on every one sheet that I like  crying  So don't worry on me missing out on the fun of the hunt!.  But for my living room over sized poster, I am mostly just looking for a good piece of 'art' to get on the wall in the next 3 months.  I really dislike the blank space on that wall, and that sea serpent needs a friend

I have looked through Heritage, and don't see much that looks in my price range ultimately...  They do have my favorite poster currently lot 86217, which has been making me nervous, haha.  Also, how is that AVATAR lenticular going for so much?!  I am kicking myself hard right now, because I could have grabbed that poster for free a couple of years ago...