Author Topic: Comic Con 16  (Read 17363 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Comic Con 16
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:56:36 PM »
Fun at Comic Con.

A few things that I've already bought and not received yet.  Nice to see them in person.

Back to the grind.  More later.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
Re: Comic Con 16
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:48:50 PM »
That Joker Trump pic is awesome!

Great stuff!

Keep it coming!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 12:18:11 AM »
Cool pics, T.

How tall are the various figures?

-Jeff

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 01:40:13 AM »
What you doing there, you said you'd never go to anything like that??
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 01:55:42 AM »
What you doing there, you said you'd never go to anything like that??

I actually like Comic Con for a day or two.  It's full of young people in costumes, there are a lot of things to look at, it's a little overwhelming, but fun for a little while.  Plus our closest friends have a house on the beach in La Jolla, so I get to stay with them, drink wine, smoke a little and go for a swim at night in the ocean.  It's a big departure from the crusty poster conventions I personally abhor.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 11:52:08 AM »
I'm trying to track the deluge of SDCC 2016 posters and prints on my Tumblr...  along with some of the trailers where applicable.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5lGoQhFb4NM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5lGoQhFb4NM</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HSzx-zryEgM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HSzx-zryEgM</a>

Kevin Tong renders The Rocketeer

Nicolas Delort's Batman Returns

More to come.
 cheers

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »
Cap by Rory Kurtz

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »
I actually like Comic Con for a day or two.  It's full of young people in costumes, there are a lot of things to look at, it's a little overwhelming, but fun for a little while.  Plus our closest friends have a house on the beach in La Jolla, so I get to stay with them, drink wine, smoke a little and go for a swim at night in the ocean.  It's a big departure from the crusty poster conventions I personally abhor.

T

Ahh,    that makes sense now, Wine, beach, late night swimming.... wynk

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 07:31:51 PM »
Not too many prints I liked this time around.  About to head home with these...

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 09:07:02 PM »
I like the Trash Compactor the best!  Do you keep these flat generally or rolled?

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 09:11:22 PM »
Looks like a good time! A favorite artist of mine, Alex Pardee, has a booth set up every year.  I am on the east coast, so no chance of me going anytime soon.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 09:26:00 PM »
I like the Trash Compactor the best!  Do you keep these flat generally or rolled?

All my prints are laid flat on top of each other.  I can put about 200 prints in a single drawer in two piles of 100.  I have 2 full drawers now, working on the 3rd one.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 10:00:44 PM »
Ahh,    that makes sense now, Wine, beach, late night swimming.... wynk

Did you purposely forget to mention the smoke, Paul?  The smoke is an integral part of the fun.  It shall not be dismissed.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 10:25:21 PM »
This one by Shan Jiang is pretty darn cool... nice pickups T.  clap clap clap clap

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 10:39:08 PM »
Yeah, I like them.  Not a bad crop. 

I tried to be more careful than last year when I came home with 17 prints.  I think I had 4 Shan Jiang Godzillas.  Don't know why.  I liked the prints, bought a few, got home and was like - what now?  I never sell anything, so I ended up giving them to a friend of mine and told him to do whatever he wanted with them.

This year, I was more precise and only bought prints I actually liked and passed on many.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 03:56:36 PM »
Do you keep these flat generally or rolled?

Not that you asked, but I will show you anyway.

These two drawers are completely packed, except for the Stout pile which has a little room left.

This flat file is a little smaller, and the one I'm currently working on.  It's flushed to the wall in my office.  As soon as the drawer is full, the pile is transfered to one of the larger flat files.  Organization is key.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 06:02:07 PM »
Did you purposely forget to mention the smoke, Paul?  The smoke is an integral part of the fun.  It shall not be dismissed.

T

Focused on the bits I like.... ;D

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 09:26:10 PM »

Nice haul, T. . I appreciate the photos of your storage as well.

How do you store your large paper... Frenchies, One panels, etc.? Do you keep them stored folded in a flat file or do you have a method of storing them flat?

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 04:07:30 PM »
all neat and tidy... gotta get me one of those

no wonder your friends don't know you are a collector!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 03:25:55 PM »
How do you store your large paper... Frenchies, One panels, etc.? Do you keep them stored folded in a flat file or do you have a method of storing them flat?

Because you asked... 

These are only for folded posters.  Rolled posters are in tubes somewhere else.

French 1 panels (folded in half, stacked up on top of each other).

Lobby cards (bottom 6 boxes)

Italians (like French, folded in half)

All Star Wars drawer

All Spielberg

One sheets

1/2 sheets and inserts

Belgians and smaller internationals

Then there are drawers for B2s, photobustas...  The fun never ends.

T

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:27:18 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 09:30:28 PM »
Because you asked... 

Wow... pretty amazing to have a peak inside your collection/organization.

The type-A in me is drooling over those cabinets and how neat everything is as well. 

Do you buy your flat files new or do you pick up used ones? Either way where do you get them from?

Thanks for the detailed pics!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 10:26:43 PM »
well done T, on all levels

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 11:08:26 PM »
Wow... pretty amazing to have a peak inside your collection/organization.

The type-A in me is drooling over those cabinets and how neat everything is as well. 

Do you buy your flat files new or do you pick up used ones? Either way where do you get them from?

Thanks for the detailed pics!

Some are new, some are used (bought through Craig's List.)  I have 8 flat flies now, about to get 2 more.  So that will be 50 drawers of posters.  Everything is pretty much full right now.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 11:12:00 PM »
well done T, on all levels

Thanks man, it works for me.  Some people don't mind the mess, I do.  I get a poster, it is immediately filed.  I can't stand seeing anything laying around.  It has to be clean and perfect.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 11:19:35 PM »
you've done it right and it's damned impressive

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------