Author Topic: CineMasterpieces Conversations  (Read 32676 times)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: CineMasterpieces Conversations
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2018, 07:31:34 PM »
Yes that's Dave.  He looks like a good Canadian.

Anyways Dave my thoughts were, aren't repros possible at 41 x 27?  How can you confirm authenticity without taking it out of the frame, and moreover, value, without confirming whether its been mounted with glue?

Finally how come there wasn't a hot chick in white pants "shopping" in the background, which is why we all watch the show in the first place

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2018, 07:33:57 PM »
Vick, you didnt think the "plastic babe" that brought the poster in, was hot enough?  pcorn   ;D

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2018, 07:46:01 PM »
ok ok she was nice... wasn't Rich dating her last year?

anyways that Casablanca poster though has to be one of the plainest 100K + posters around. 

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2018, 07:58:06 PM »
ok ok she was nice... wasn't Rich dating her last year?

anyways that Casablanca poster though has to be one of the plainest 100K + posters around.

It is amazing what that style OS goes for, that's for sure..but Casablanca is Casablanca. (cha-ching)

And with it looking so smooth and pristine in that frame, I'm guessing it was (minimally) linen backed, with maybe some light fold touch ups?

-Jeff

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2018, 10:53:36 AM »
Hi Crazy Vick.

They don't have time to show everything. We examined it outside the frame.

I look Canadian?

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2018, 11:06:44 AM »
I am sure no one would mind if you link to it on your site
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2018, 04:34:27 PM »
Hi Crazy Vick.

They don't have time to show everything. We examined it outside the frame.

I look Canadian?

A Canadian Poster Terrorist to be clear  8)
Chris

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2018, 04:37:28 PM »
I am sure no one would mind if you link to it on your site

If Dave has the poster on consignment...(fill in the rest)
Chris

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2018, 05:27:48 PM »
We actually have two Casablanca one sheets in stock. Both are ours, not on consignment.

and omg I forgot about the canadian poster terrorists!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2018, 07:51:49 PM »
I look Canadian?

...friendly-looking, casual with a bit of scruffy, a healthy beer mid-section...you'd fit right in.   ;D

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2018, 10:37:39 AM »
...friendly-looking, casual with a bit of scruffy, a healthy beer mid-section...you'd fit right in.   ;D

Really?  I have a whole new perspective on Canadians.
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/05/17/woman-arrested-after-defecating-on-floor-tim-hortons-restaurant-flinging-feces-at-clerk.html
-Jay-

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2018, 01:35:59 PM »
Really?
You all think this poster belonged to the lady and that everything wasn't set up ahead of time by Dave?

I believe that’s  her poster right Dave?  And yes the just don’t film the store and Hope cool stuff comes in the door. They make arrangements to have filming days and book all the people trying to sell their stuff. Which is deal is already negotiated before filming starts.  And maybe already authenticated ahead of time by Dave and reframed?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2018, 01:45:13 PM »
Shows like Pawn Stars are scripted and directed from beginning to end. Nothing happens by chance, including the sales/deals (or not) that are shown as happening right then and there.

-Jeff

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2018, 03:04:47 PM »
Some segments are just as real as the Kardashians, some are not. Interpret that however you'd like. 8)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
Pick any 'reality' show and google it for contestant comments.  None are all that 'real' it seems.
-Jay-

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2018, 04:06:58 PM »
Those that think these shows are on-the-spot, "as they happen" slices of life, are also the same demographic that pro wrestling caters to, and has, for decades.

And for those that dont know how this kind of TV works or is produced, a simple Google search shall reveal all.  <OO

They are directed, written and edited to snag the most viewers (= RATINGS).

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2018, 09:05:23 PM »
Those that think these shows are on-the-spot, "as they happen" slices of life, are also the same demographic that pro wrestling caters to, and has, for decades.

And for those that dont know how this kind of TV works or is produced, a simple Google search shall reveal all.  <OO

They are directed, written and edited to snag the most viewers (= RATINGS).

Great.  Another reason to not watch them.  Total waste of time.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2018, 09:27:44 PM »
Someone just sent us this hoard of mint unused Star Wars posters. 6 three sheets, 5 style D one sheets, 4 small and 4 large lobby card sets. It is amazing what is still out there undiscovered!

https://www.cinemasterpieces.com/52017/swhoard1.jpg

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2018, 10:09:09 PM »
I’m not surprised.  A lot of collectors, myself included, have multiple copies of the same poster.  You buy one, and then another one comes up at a pretty good price, so you buy it again, and then another one even cheaper, and just like that you have 5 copies.  And then one day you send them to Dave :)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2018, 08:52:49 PM »

Well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later. We bought posters that were stolen. We are out $850.00. We bought them last week and a dealer we know contacted us and told us they were his. We are sending them back to him tomorrow. Bummer for us, but it could have been worse. They were two Amoco gas station posters from the 50's and two James Bond re release Italian 2 sheets. We have the thiefs name, phone number, email address and address. I have no idea if the law will catch up with him or not.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2018, 08:56:36 PM »
Well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later. We bought posters that were stolen. We are out $850.00. We bought them last week and a dealer we know contacted us and told us they were his. We are sending them back to him tomorrow. Bummer for us, but it could have been worse. They were two Amoco gas station posters from the 50's and two James Bond re release Italian 2 sheets. We have the thiefs name, phone number, email address and address. I have no idea if the law will catch up with him or not.

Hi David,  I am curious how insurance might cover that, if at all?  You sound like you found out quickly, though what if it was say a year or more later?  Okie

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2018, 09:40:55 PM »
this story is developing. tune it later :)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2018, 10:52:28 PM »
How do you know these posters were stolen and belong to whoever says is a victim of said theft?  I mean, were the posters stamped?  Aren't posters all the same?  And how did he/she even know you had said posters?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2018, 11:41:17 PM »
I have a Cinemasterpiece conversation

I had a poster and Dave saw it. He said "Let me have that. I'll list it on my site for $10,000 and I bet you someone will make an offer on it".

well, after about a year or so, Dave sold it, for ten grand

Ha I posted it for sale, I never would have posted that price..

Kudos to Dave..
I highly recommend Dave
Dave!

!!!!!!

sm1 cheers

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2018, 12:33:01 PM »
Thanks Rich!!

The owner had four posters stolen when someone had bought them from him with a stolen credit card. I listed two of them on ebay and the owner saw them immediately. They are rare amoco posters. They had his penciled stock numbers on the linen border. I had not even listed the other two stolen James Bond posters when he called me and asked if I had bought the same exact four posters recently.