Author Topic: Brigitte Bardot through posters  (Read 43807 times)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Brigitte Bardot through posters
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »
T, I really like Bardot's wild hair on the il Disprezzo poster! Hey, I just noticed the Fritz Lang credit on this poster: very interesting.  Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2018, 09:39:20 PM »
Le Mépris (French title) is, imo, Godard's best film, and that says a lot since he's made a lot of great movies.  It's also one of the most talked about French flicks ever.  A true classic of world cinema.  Fritz Lang is in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_(film)

If you haven't seen it, you should.  And Bardot is at her most beautiful in this movie.  That scarf she wears, every woman wore a scarf like that after the movie.

T
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:52:06 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2018, 11:02:38 PM »
Okie, not only Fritz Lang is in it, but he actually plays himself.  "Le Mepris" is an adaptation of a novel by the same title by Alberto Moravia, and differs quite significantly from the source material.  Both film and book are great in their own way.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2018, 11:46:59 PM »
Hi, T and Antoine!  I'm guilty!  I promise to watch Le Mépris this weekend.  Thanks for helping in my great world film education!  Okie

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2018, 09:10:43 AM »
Good stuff, T...always fun to see this thread bumped with new ones. I just love the Italian and French illustrations of her...Amori Celebri is beautiful.

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2018, 10:05:39 AM »
There are a bunch of US 6-sheets, Italian and Argentinian BB posters in emovieposter's auction this Sunday.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2018, 11:04:07 PM »
Lots of mostly lesser Bardots going for sale lately.  Got a few, lost a bunch, most of them are going for too much, imo.  The completist in me keeps trying, but most are in terrible condition.  It's so hard to spend money on a "good" condition poster.  I wonder why so many suddenly.  And none of the good ones, French or Italians.  Probably good for the bank account.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2018, 06:45:31 PM »
A few more acquired in the past month or so...  Nothing too crazy, mostly completist stuff (although I had to fight for some of them), but I'm still happy to add them to the collection.

T
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:07:31 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2018, 03:42:15 AM »
Added 3 more Italian posters to my little Bardot collection...

Complimenti ma non hai specificato la sua raritŕ!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2018, 03:44:59 AM »
Because no one cares, buddy.  I'm kinda maintaining this thread for my own personal gratification.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2018, 04:33:39 AM »
Badly-damaged 1959rr Japanese B2 ("The Girl In Bikini") just sold for $105:

Photoshopped right image:

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2018, 06:01:21 PM »
Yeah, thought of getting it, but just too damaged for me, even at that price.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2018, 09:14:54 PM »
Badly-damaged 1959rr Japanese B2 ("The Girl In Bikini") just sold for $105:

That shape is not B2. What are the dimensions?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2018, 09:30:19 PM »
It’s a press.
My Personal Collection

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2018, 09:47:34 PM »
Oh. That one isn’t nearly as rare... you’ll find another in better condition eventually.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2018, 11:21:12 PM »
Or maybe you will ;)
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2018, 08:24:55 PM »
Another extremely rare Bardot poster for En Cas de Malheur (Love Is My Profession) by Angelo Cesselon.  Never thought I'd own that one. 

Check!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2018, 09:50:25 PM »
Another extremely rare Bardot poster for En Cas de Malheur (Love Is My Profession) by Angelo Cesselon.  Never thought I'd own that one. 

Check!

T
What a beautiful double dose of Bardot, T! Okie

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2018, 04:03:15 AM »
Splendid...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2018, 12:11:42 PM »
I agree.  Never say never, I guess :)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2018, 06:35:02 PM »

That's a beaut', T. The illusion of depth in the key art is really something, and of course there's Ms. Bardot  thumbsup.gif

Congrats.

guest4955

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2018, 10:38:54 PM »
Adding a few Bardots to my little collection courtesy of HA Signature.  I'm so glad that they were grouped, because I really didn't have time to follow the sale this weekend.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2018, 12:49:55 PM »
$99 sold last night (not moi):

Great shot and poster.  thumbup thumbup
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:06:11 PM by erik1925 »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2018, 12:56:06 PM »
Adding a few Bardots to my little collection courtesy of HA Signature.  I'm so glad that they were grouped, because I really didn't have time to follow the sale this weekend.

T

Congrats on the haul.  This is my favorite of the bunch.  Must be stunning in person at 55x78".  :o   thumbup thumbup