Author Topic: Brigitte Bardot through posters  (Read 43432 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Brigitte Bardot through posters
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2017, 05:23:40 PM »
This is a beauty, Mike.  faint2.gif   bed1

-Jeff

Offline peckinpah

• Hobbyist
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2017, 05:25:17 PM »
Uploading here is a pain.

Offline peckinpah

• Hobbyist
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »
After two years of absence I wanted to continue here to upload some stuff,
but I find it unnerving. 

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2017, 05:34:43 PM »
Yes, I've been very very slow on the German front.  I will eventually get them.  I know where they are, most of them, but I'm a little difficult when it comes to condition and I won't do pin holes or tears, which makes it a little more difficult when looking at posters from that era.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2017, 09:07:31 PM »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2017, 12:52:47 PM »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2017, 11:55:13 PM »
Someone was recently asking if my last Bardot poster was amongst my favorites, so I decided to rank my top 25 (of the ones I own).  There are a few I don't own yet which would most certainly change my list.

From #1 to #25...  No love for US posters.

This is my favorite US...

T
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:16:01 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »
Must admit to thinking Grinsson is my favourite poster artist...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2018, 01:33:05 PM »
I don't collect locandinas except for specific sub collections like Bardot.  Got a few last week.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2018, 12:35:54 PM »
A few more...  Quad by Chantrell.

T
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:37:10 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »
no wonder I didn't win the Bardot Quad...  wynk
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2018, 03:33:18 PM »
Love the quad.

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2018, 03:39:18 PM »
I followed the bidding for the BB quad and kind of guessed the "US bidder" was Thierry. As you say Paul, sadly you had no chance. It's a great poster for sure.

Mark

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2018, 03:42:54 PM »
I woke up at 5:15am to bid on this poster.  I wasn't going to let it go.  Were you the underbidder, Paul?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2018, 01:30:32 AM »
Yes, I thought you had this, if you'd have said I'd have kept off...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2018, 06:08:34 AM »
A tough thing this 'politeness between forum members' vs 'balls out bidding aggression' for unknowns...  8)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2018, 02:28:23 PM »
Yes, I thought you had this, if you'd have said I'd have kept off...

Didn't know you were my competition on Bardot, so didn't even think of telling you.  Not too many people are interested in posters like that (maybe 2 or 3 on this forum).  Now I KNOW!!!

;)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2018, 01:32:31 AM »
Only on British stuff T, I only have 3.  I was after other stuff in that Auction, but still had a go at a few others this included.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2018, 12:32:43 AM »
A few more came in.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2018, 03:44:07 AM »
Bardot sure smolders on the Piace a Troppi!  Wow! What a "creation"!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »
T, Your Bardot collection is so great to see!  Thanks for this thread.  I'm really enjoying it!  If you don't mind, I can provide the one poster I have of Bardot from the Thai painted poster for Don Juan, or if Don Juan Were a Woman.  Okie
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 05:17:15 PM by okiehawker »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2018, 11:21:52 PM »
T, Your Bardot collection is so great to see!  Thanks for this thread.  I'm really enjoying it!  If you don't mind, I can provide the one poster I have of Bardot from the Thai painted poster for Don Juan, or if Don Juan Were a Woman.  Okie

Glad you enjoy it.  It's certainly not for everyone, as most specific collections are, but it brings me a lot of pleasure.  I am actually in the process of compiling a list of all the Bardot posters out there, some I have never seen before and will never own, others that I can locate and need to price out.  Some I didn't know existed keep popping up, like Heritage had a 40x60in tonight that I couldn't pass on, even though the condition was awful.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2018, 06:37:08 PM »
Glad you enjoy it.  It's certainly not for everyone, as most specific collections are, but it brings me a lot of pleasure.  I am actually in the process of compiling a list of all the Bardot posters out there, some I have never seen before and will never own, others that I can locate and need to price out.  Some I didn't know existed keep popping up, like Heritage had a 40x60in tonight that I couldn't pass on, even though the condition was awful.

T
T, I especially like your Bardot collection because it shows how different artists interpret the inspiring Ms. Bardot.  Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2018, 02:37:18 PM »
That's what's fun about collecting in general.  If you really like a specific movie, it's fun to own all the different designs on it.  That's what drives me anyway.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2018, 07:20:44 PM »
Added 3 more Italian posters to my little Bardot collection...

T
My Personal Collection