Author Topic: Royal Mail  (Read 111279 times)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: Royal Mail
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2011, 12:13:32 PM »
Thanks Harry, quite right... ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
Try SAS Auctions ...
... Not sure if anyone from the UK has had any problems, but I received a few posters a while back from them and I asked for a refund of the Postage & Packaging as it was so shoddy.

And what disappoints me is that SAS Auctions (film memorabilia) are overseen by a major poster dealer here in the UK.
And even worse, they STUCK the item number stickers direct to the posters I bought! Now that is not professional in my eyes.

Ad
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2011, 01:53:12 PM »
I've had that from them Adam, the sticker thing, Dam annoying...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2011, 02:32:30 PM »
Just a bit, mate.
Apparently the dealer I talk about said it was OK, according to the staff member I dealt with over it all.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2011, 01:16:12 PM »
Well, I'll put this in here...

I've never had one of these before. It's the Royal mail admitting "THEY" may have damaged some mail, and will make good if all is not well, or something is lost...

It's a shame they didn't think about the bent one they delivered at the same time...

Are they trying to improve their Service with the bagged/sticker thing.....time will only tell.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2011, 03:48:55 PM »
The plastic wrapped one seems to be better off than the other bent one?!
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »
And the sad thing Chris, is it was....

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2011, 11:01:44 PM »
And the sad thing Chris, is it was....

You Brits be crazy  eyeroll
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
Well here we go again, I ain't bought much lately, so the Royal Mial have missed their fun Damaging my post.

So they made up for it with this recent package...

It doesn't look much until you take the invoice packet off...

There was two posters in the tube, luckily the older one wasn't too bad, but still noticeable creasing.
The new one is quite creased and scuffed...

Difficult to get good pics of the damage as it's dark when I get home from work, so the flash just wipes them out.

To top it all this arrived with no postage, but the Royal mail wanted a £1 handling charge!!!!! just to take it back to the depot, which they do anyway if there's no one home to sign for a package. So why charge me this time.... Tossers.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:05:05 PM by paul waines »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »
I think it's time I stopped buying new posters as I get this 90% of the time....

I should just stick to folded pre-80's

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:28 AM »
Paul, your local Royal Mail sorting office etc seem like complete and utter plonks!
I've never known anyone to have as much bother as you do.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2011, 09:23:45 AM »
Paul, your local Royal Mail sorting office etc seem like complete and utter plonks!
I've never known anyone to have as much bother as you do.

That`s because he gets 75% of all packages the Royal Mail handles...  ;)
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »
That`s because he gets 75% of all packages the Royal Mail handles...  ;)

laugh1
Best wishes,
Adam

Marty Moose

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
I'm touching wood here, but I've never had my posters decimated through the Royal Mail like that, and they tend to arrive in one piece even if they have been posted in a flimsy envelope.  

If I were you I'd compile a painstaking dossier of all the seperate incidents with photo's, and copies of transactions to prove the worth of the posters.  Once I had a tidy amount I'd get it sent off to the CEO - you might luck out blag yourself a book of first class stamps  ;)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2011, 11:50:04 AM »
It does seem as though it's more local to me. I wonder how many others in the area have problems....  I may just compile a list with photo's and send it off to them, just to see what happens, I could do with some more stamps, and I do pay for 75% of there wages so it's the least they could do... :D

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »
Jeezum crow, Paul.  I've never seen such a string of bad luck. It seems like it has to be your local crew.
Here in the States, we have a tradition of gifting our letter carriers during the holidays.  Usually cash with a card thanking them for all of their hard work.
Is that the same in England?  If so, did you forget to grease their stinky little palms last year?
Unbelievable the amount of damage you have posted.
I hope it gets better.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »
Jeezum crow, Paul.  I've never seen such a string of bad luck. It seems like it has to be your local crew.
Here in the States, we have a tradition of gifting our letter carriers during the holidays.  Usually cash with a card thanking them for all of their hard work.
Is that the same in England?  If so, did you forget to grease their stinky little palms last year?
Unbelievable the amount of damage you have posted.
I hope it gets better.

I would give them a card enclosing explicit mail handling standards/instructions with colourful diagrams
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:09:03 PM by CSM »
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2011, 01:55:31 AM »
Same here Ted, RE: the gifting.

Unfortunately over here parcels are delivered by many different people. The regular Mail guy, who mostly delivers letters and the odd small parcel is a jollyfine fellow. He even goes out of his way to help, it's the others who drive the vans on the Parcel Force side of the Mail system. It could be a different fellow every day, I've watched them loading the vans and must say, no care taken at all. It's like the world owe's them a living, and all these parcels getting in the way are just a nuisance...  No pride in their jobs.       

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »
No pride in their jobs.       

Exactly.
I would file a complaint, substantiated with the mass of pics you have taken of damaged goods.
Something has to change.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »
while the Royal Mail certainly shares some blame, the main blame stands on the shoulders of the sellers who use materials easily damaged. If you package well, like for instance how Heritage, Bruce or myself do, then you are unlikely to have these problems

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
I agree with Rich.
I have never experienced any problems whatsoever with any tubes I have used to ship posters in.
I now go to the source for my tubes - a HELL OF A LOT CHEAPER!

Anyway, I do think that there is a responsibility with the seller as well as the postal courier involved.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »
Well chaps the Royal mail don't give two Fu@ks for your heavy walled poster tubes and first rate packing.

This was one of the thickest tubes I've seen, and this is how they delivered it....

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2011, 05:18:02 PM »
Yeah, that looks like an emovieposter tube.  I'd feel bad about asking the seller for an adjustment on that as I don't see how they could have taken any better care.

Paul, you need to escalate.  Something is going on at your local station and it has to stop.  I don't see how that could have been an accident.  That isn't even rolling over it with a truck.  That damage is placing it in a brake and bending it.  Perhaps an automatic sorter jam, but what the heck was that package doing in an autosorter?
-Jay-

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2011, 09:09:08 PM »
Well chaps the Royal mail don't give two Fu@ks for your heavy walled poster tubes and first rate packing.

This was one of the thickest tubes I've seen, and this is how they delivered it....

This shit HAS to be intentional.
WTF did you do to piss these guys off?
You been wooing the Postmaster General's wife or something?
Jeezum crow...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2011, 09:45:26 PM »

Paul, you've said it before - it's a sign to stick to the nice, old folded quads ;)
Chris