Author Topic: Saw VI Blood Drive Poster, possible unicorn???  (Read 9076 times)

D9M9TR9S

Saw VI Blood Drive Poster, possible unicorn???
« on: May 28, 2016, 08:40:18 PM »
I can't find it anywhere.  Anyone see one like this?

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Re: Saw VI Blood Drive Poster, possible unicorn???
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 09:05:38 PM »
Never seen that exact one...good luck. Has the empty space probably to write out the blood drive location and hours open. Pretty cool!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:31:37 PM by jedgerley »

D9M9TR9S

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 09:16:48 PM »
Thanks, this one is actually in my collection.  My buddy wants one, but I received it from a local theater and haven't seen another anywhere.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 10:28:31 PM »
Ah lol I now realize you posted in latest acquisitions. Ha! Even cooler!  So what does it measure? In your searching have you seen that model in that same pose anywhere on the interwebs?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:32:18 PM by jedgerley »

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 05:07:48 AM »
I was interested to see the ARC endorsement on your poster. My recollection is a bit hazy but I have a number of different one sheets from the first four blood drive campaigns featuring the Red Cross logo. I had thought these were pulled from distribution as they had not been given permission for the logo to be used. Perhaps the ARC changed its policy or perhaps it didn't and this poster shouldn't have been sent out.

Mark.

D9M9TR9S

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 10:32:00 PM »
It's 27x40, I've had it since the movie was released and got it right from the theater, but it has been in a rolled tube for a while.  I have lots of tubes of posters that I am still going through from years ago and this is one of my new favs

MARKLAWD, as for the ARC endorsement, I'm not sure.  I have the other Blood Drive posters and even one with the same pose, but the nurse wears a needle mask.  Perhaps I got one that was supposed to be pulled   ;D

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 07:21:44 AM »
My guess would be that it was endorsed by ARC but not widely distributed with used examples (with handwritten time/place info) not retained. Who knows? It certainly seems a rare item.

Mark

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 06:19:12 PM »
Holiday asked about these Saw blood drive posters back in 2010: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,1292.0.html

Holiday, were these posters produced and put out each time a new Saw flick came out?   dontknow.gif

hmmm.gif
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:22:40 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 04:38:05 PM »
Holiday asked about these Saw blood drive posters back in 2010: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,1292.0.html

Holiday, were these posters produced and put out each time a new Saw flick came out?   dontknow.gif

hmmm.gif

That's what I always thought. There was a limited window to get them around this time of year, then they seemed to almost dry up forever.  It took me a few years to track down the first one.  They're great advert posters, that's for sure. They were some of my favorite in my collection of old :)
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.