Author Topic: Removing tape residue and pencil marking  (Read 3246 times)

Through the Stones

Removing tape residue and pencil marking
« on: January 16, 2013, 09:53:55 PM »
I tried to search through the forum but couldn't find anything specific on removing tape residue and pencil marks?  I have a Goonies one sheet that had been taped on all four corners to the previous owners wall and an E.T. one sheet that has the title 'E.T. one sheet' down on the bottom right front corner that I'd like to remove.  Home remedies would be ideal but if the only good way to go is professional than so be it.  Thanks all!

Russ

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: Removing tape residue and pencil marking
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 10:53:48 PM »
Buy artists eraser, very soft shit from art store, for pencil.
I think it's bestine or something in USA, for tape residue, some cotton buds, and patience.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Through the Stones

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27:18 PM »
Brilliant!  Looks like I'll be making a quick trip to our local art supply shop.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 07:46:10 PM »
Once some of the tape residue/adhesive has been absorbed into the paper itself and caused those nasty yellow stains to appear, is there any method or product that will remove or lighten them? Or are those there to stay? (aside from being airbrushed over).

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 11:50:25 AM »
Once some of the tape residue/adhesive has been absorbed into the paper itself and caused those nasty yellow stains to appear, is there any method or product that will remove or lighten them? Or are those there to stay? (aside from being airbrushed over).

Would love to hear if anyone has seen anything for this myself. I have only found remedies that are incredibly highly toxic for these situations requiring full out chemical stations.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline movieposterodyssey

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 11:56:40 PM »
I think once it's in the paper then it's gonna need a bath. Some deacidification that is.

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 02:07:04 PM »
I could have sworn I saw a good video on youtube about this, but now it seems to have been taken down.