Author Topic: JAWS ONE SHEET - ROLLED NEVER FOLDED  (Read 27532 times)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: JAWS ONE SHEET - ROLLED NEVER FOLDED
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 06:43:10 PM »
Wow, that'd be a huge bite out of someone's wallet

guest4720

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 06:54:17 PM »
I feel bad for whoever buys this.  Most likely it will be a first time, uninformed buyer. That's typically who masterpieces sells to. What a complete rip off.

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 07:20:00 PM »
Although I have never purchased from David, he has his customers.  JAWS1975 is still out there.... as far as I know
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 08:00:54 PM »
Somebody will find this worthwhile.  You may not be david's customer, but there are folks out there that have the money and will pay for the right poster.
-Jay-

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:12:31 PM »
Actually, considering that this exact same poster sold at Emovie for $2,100 (rolled and mint), I don't think $3,100 is outrageous, especially since there is room to bargain.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 12:01:06 PM »
Actually, considering that this exact same poster sold at Emovie for $2,100 (rolled and mint), I don't think $3,100 is outrageous, especially since there is room to bargain.

T

And that was 2 years ago T.  Contrary to us masochists here, most people have better things to do than monitor eBay, eMovie, HA, Christies, etc... daily for years on end hoping to save a few bucks. 

And who knows, if it was auctioned today it could very easily reach three thousand+ the way prices are going...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 12:04:28 PM »
I bet that rolled copy will be snatched up sooner than later.

-Jeff

guest4720

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 01:22:36 PM »
And that was 2 years ago T.  Contrary to us masochists here, most people have better things to do than monitor eBay, eMovie, HA, Christies, etc... daily for years on end hoping to save a few bucks. 

And who knows, if it was auctioned today it could very easily reach three thousand+ the way prices are going...

To a certain extent it's laughable.  Obviously money thrown piss in the wind. Then again I don't participate in auctions.  Never have and never will.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 01:34:21 PM »
I don't participate in auctions.  Never have and never will.
dude, you haven't lived!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »
To a certain extent it's laughable.  Obviously money thrown piss in the wind. Then again I don't participate in auctions.  Never have and never will.

But you were the one that also informed the board about all the issues you had, when bidding, buying and dealing with ShutterIslandOMVP. Your bullet point #3 says you actually bought from both of his ebay IDs:

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9634.msg179091.html#msg179091

-Jeff

guest4720

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 01:56:39 PM »
But you were the one that also informed the board about all the issues you had, when bidding, buying and dealing with ShutterIslandOMVP. Your bullet point #3 says you actually bought from both of his ebay IDs:

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9634.msg179091.html#msg179091

Hey Eric, nice one; do you dream about me, pulling up blasts from the past?

...it was an observation of his behavior.

How's your collection coming?  I take by all the time you spend on this forum you are an incredibly wealthy man....

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 02:00:16 PM »
Why is asking that (and by the way, your investigation and showing all of that seller's behavior and the cross referencing you presented was a good thing to know) getting you defensive?

And while at work, I keep an additional forum tab/window open in the background. It's that simple, really.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:21:05 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 02:25:43 PM »

T

And I wonder how many rolled (never folded) copies are out there, in total. Would that number be fairly small?

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »
Hey Eric, nice one; do you dream about me, pulling up blasts from the past?

...it was an observation of his behavior.

How's your collection coming?  I take by all the time you spend on this forum you are an incredibly wealthy man....

Zac, your post is not even a year old and I presume when you say something, you mean it. You meant it then, so why isn't what you posted pertinent to the 180 of your current comment (I don't participate in auctions) to your previous comment (I've bought from both of them), unless of course you were lying then.. or are you lying now?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 03:43:27 PM »
And I wonder how many rolled (never folded) copies are out there, in total. Would that number be fairly small?

A handful I'd assume.  No more than a dozen. Not super rare but getting there.  Probably the most iconic poster of the 70s.  Yes, even more than Star Wars because there is only one design and it is instantly recognizable worldwide.

A must own for sure.  If I didn't already own it, I'd make Dave an offer.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 04:02:13 PM »
A handful I'd assume.  No more than a dozen. Not super rare but getting there.  Probably the most iconic poster of the 70s.  Yes, even more than Star Wars because there is only one design and it is instantly recognizable worldwide.

A must own for sure.  If I didn't already own it, I'd make Dave an offer.

T

Thanks for that info, T.

It is iconic..that's for sure. One of the best designs ever done for a movie poster, imho. Terrifying on so many levels...

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 05:22:34 PM »
There's a hell of a lot more than a handful but they have all been buried in collections making it seem like less. I remember in the 90's rolled Jaws were not all that uncommon at all. Now they are hens teeth.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 05:36:30 PM »
At a time (mid 70s), when machine folded posters were the norm, how is it that a good number of rolled copies escaped unscathed and unfolded? Were they rescued from the folding arms by those on the printing/folding line on purpose?

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 06:00:12 PM »
At a time (mid 70s), when machine folded posters were the norm, how is it that a good number of rolled copies escaped unscathed and unfolded? Were they rescued from the folding arms by those on the printing/folding line on purpose?

Good questions, all I can say is what I would not spend the money on what I considered an overpriced poster then and won't do it now. Ont eh other hand if I did buy all those copies and sat on them for 20 years I could sell them for a fortune now.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 06:10:12 PM »
There's a hell of a lot more than a handful but they have all been buried in collections making it seem like less. I remember in the 90's rolled Jaws were not all that uncommon at all. Now they are hens teeth.

I can only talk about what I've seen and what's out there, and from my personal estimation, there are no more than a handful floating around.  I cannot estimate what's in collectors' collections and neither can anyone else.  Some could have been destroyed in transit, others by said collectors or their heirs.  What we know today is what's out there to see.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 06:10:24 PM »

more likely than not, they are "Studio styles"

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 07:45:51 PM »
Well we'll find out just how crazy that price is or isn't as Bruce just listed a very nice copy as well

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 08:00:58 PM »
All of the rolled Jaws posters I have seen have a different placement of the NSS wording to the standard folded versions. I have always thought that it was intended the posters from this print run - or a good number of them - would not be folded. As opposed to the printer saving a handful from the folding machine. A far rarer example of a rolled iconic 70's poster would be Taxi Driver.

Mark

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 10:08:50 PM »
Should we start a pool? What will Bruce sell the rolled copy of Bruce for?
Just bleach the bitch!