Author Topic: In the Mood for Love Japanese B2  (Read 3720 times)

guest4754

In the Mood for Love Japanese B2
« on: January 15, 2016, 01:44:29 PM »
So on checking the usual auction sites, this poster can have quite a range, anywhere from 26 dollars to 600+ dollars. Most seem to fall near the 200 dollar range at auction. I'm just curious what a reasonable price would be if I were to sell one of these in very good condition. I know it's dependent on finding the collector who really wants it, etc. but I'm just looking for a rough idea. I'm thinking somewhere around the average they go for at auction, around $200 would probably be a safe bet.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: In the Mood for Love Japanese B2
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 05:59:28 PM »
e, can you post a pic?

Would love to see the imagery.  :)

-Jeff

guest4754

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 10:59:16 PM »
Sure, sorry it's not that great of a pic:

In my opinion it's a pretty plain poster. I was blown away when I saw how much it goes for at auction. I think the value must come from the movie having a rather large following and the B2 being rare-ish possibly? That's mostly why I posted this here, because I can't really fathom why it goes for so much.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 05:59:47 PM »
I was looking around too, to see if the JP B2 (or B1 size that this poster also was printed in) was uber rare.

So far, Ive found nothing that explains it.   dontknow.gif
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:06:04 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 06:46:24 PM »
One of Wong Kar-wai's best films -- which says a lot coming from him!  Couple that with the B1/B2 being one of, if not, the best poster for the film.  If you haven't seen it or you aren't a fan of Wong Kar-wai then I can understand why you would find the prices puzzling.

Kind of like the Boondocks Saints... if you haven't seen it or you don't know about the history, then you are probably left wondering why anyone would pay $500+ for the 1-sheet.   

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 07:02:50 PM »
Matt is right on...it's a modern classic (personally speaking, one of my favourite films) and I think the poster is a beautiful bit of design.

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 07:04:11 PM »
It's an extremely stylish poster and the impact of the red is very dramatic. I have a B1 and would have loved to have a spare (bed)room in my house to hang this in. I haven't seen the film.

Mark

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 07:08:47 PM »
Looks like you have a winner there, e!  thumbsup.gif

I have seen the film and i really liked it, too.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:11:18 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4754

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 08:27:29 PM »
Thanks for chiming in guys. I certainly like the movie, the poster is sort of cool too but honestly I'm not that impressed by it.  But it's not my usual cup of tea anyway(most of you know I'm mainly a horror guy).

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 08:44:25 PM »
Thanks for chiming in guys. I certainly like the movie, the poster is sort of cool too but honestly I'm not that impressed by it.  But it's not my usual cup of tea anyway(most of you know I'm mainly a horror guy).

Im kind of with you here, e.

To me, it's a rather ordinary photographic image of the lounging couple, against the intense red background, and I'm not overly 'wowed' by it either. But the fact remains that it commands a hefty sales/auction price, so regardless, you have a nice, little "pearl" in your poster collection.

Grats again.  clap

-Jeff

Offline keith

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 01:33:55 AM »
One of Wong Kar-wai's best films -- which says a lot coming from him!  Couple that with the B1/B2 being one of, if not, the best poster for the film.  If you haven't seen it or you aren't a fan of Wong Kar-wai then I can understand why you would find the prices puzzling.

Kind of like the Boondocks Saints... if you haven't seen it or you don't know about the history, then you are probably left wondering why anyone would pay $500+ for the 1-sheet.   

Counterpoint: If you *have* seen Boondock Saints, then you are probably left wondering why anyone would pay $500+ for the 1-sheet.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 07:15:03 AM »
I am not in the mood for this poster

Mirosae

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 07:29:13 AM »
It's an extremely stylish poster and the impact of the red is very dramatic. I have a B1 and would have loved to have a spare (bed)room in my house to hang this in. I haven't seen the film.

Mark

Watch it Mark. It wont disappoint. Yumeji's theme is now part of my life.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIgU9aNpb9k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fIgU9aNpb9k</a>

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 10:16:19 AM »
Counterpoint: If you *have* seen Boondock Saints, then you are probably left wondering why anyone would pay $500+ for the 1-sheet.

Ouch the burn the burn. Ouchy ouch ouch. :)

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2016, 01:40:08 AM »

Probably for the same reason everyone drank the Kool-Aid........
This Space For Rent!