Music and Theater Posters > General Discussion

Need help with punk music poster authenticity

(1/3) > >>

spacething:

Hey, I'm considering buying an "original" punk rock poster from 1978.  It's for a concert done by a band called CRIME in California at Mabuhay Gardens and measures 17 1/2 x 22 1/2.  But I have no idea whether it truly is authentic or not because I'm not familiar with music posters, and I'm not familiar with this seller.  Any thoughts/feelings/advice would be helpful.  I've posted the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320552250355&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

eatbrie:
Why wouldn't it be authentic?  Are these really reproduced?

spacething:
I remember seeing reproduced CRIME flyers at Amoeba Records in California. Don't remember what the sizes were though.

Louie D.:
I bought one of these years ago as I liked the image but I don't know if it's original or not.  I find it hard to believe the band would have printed up tons of these and then not plastered them all over SF.  I'd be wary (mainlt because of the "Near Mint" condition), but how does one authenticate these?? 

spacething:

--- Quote from: Louie D. on August 09, 2010, 08:42:29 PM ---but how does one authenticate these?? 

--- End quote ---

No clue.  I'll probably stay away.  If it was thirty bucks I'd probably go ahead and get it, but 60 is too much for something that might be a repro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version