Author Topic: 6 Weeks to Mother's Day  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
6 Weeks to Mother's Day
« on: February 09, 2016, 02:33:50 AM »
I received an email today from my friend Marvin Blunte telling me the film is 100% complete  ;D. They are currently submitting the film to a few different film festivals. It has been a very long process for he and his team. I met Marvin in New York in 2014, made a donation to his project, and kept in touch ever since. He admitted to me mid 2015 that the editing was proving to be very time consuming. I can only imagine how hard it would be to convert a film from one language to another...subtitle it..or even voice overs.....with all efforts to avoid being "Lost in Translation". I am going to do my best to be at the first screening, pending location of course. I just wanted to share this Film/Documentary with you nice folks. So if you have an opportunity to see it, please go support the film. Thank you.

Here is the original Indiegogo funding page. There are a few nice short videos for anybody who would like to see them.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/6-weeks-to-mother-s-day#/

Anyhow, here is the website. Lots of info about the film, and pictures.
www.6weekstomothersday.com

.....Located in a remote jungle village in Kanchanaburi province, children sleep twelve to a room, have no hot water, limited electricity, and work together in the village garden to help provide themselves with food. It is a simple way of life where nature is used to encourage both healing and education. Referred to as a democratic school system, students of all ages are given a strong voice, are able to study what they choose, and participate equally in village votes.....

Here is a the Promo Poster, after all this is a poster site, no?!?
This Space For Rent!

Mirosae

Re: 6 Weeks to Mother's Day
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 03:14:14 AM »
Thank you Chris, will watch this. It looks very inspiring and my kind of documentary. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 08:49:17 AM »
We spent a couple of days in Kanchanaburi way back in 2006.  It was amazing.  One afternoon we went a ways down the river kwai in a bamboo raft.  At one point I remember we looked at each other and said "as if we're going down the river kwai in a bamboo raft!!"

I will definitely check this out  :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:49:50 AM by Crazy Vick »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:57:34 AM »
Looks like a great docu, Chris.

And Im sure with the filmmaker paicked the right folks to do the subtitles and translations. As you said, that would be very important. In addition, when you said the editing has been time consuming, it also made me wonder how much footage they shot to begin with. Like any film, that can then be tricky, trying to decide how to cut down (as an example) 8-10 hours or more of film down into a 90 or 120 min film. What to keep in, what not to use, etc.

Tho these days, too, if it were then released on DVD, much of the unused footage could be placed in the Added Material section of the disc. So that's good.

But the subject matter looks very interesting, emotional and touching and I hope it does well.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »
Rosa Thank you for your kindness. When I first met Marvin he had so much compassion about this project it was inspiring. I don't make donations very often because I have mixed feelings about most charities. I knew he would take my donation and use it exactly how he said he would. I have big expectations for this docu/film.

Vick I have never been outside of North/South America, with the exception of Hawaii. Marvin stayed in country during the majority of the editing process. From your account and his, I absolutely want to visit.

Jeff I am not sure how much film time they had before editing, I will ask next time we speak for sure, as you have now made me curious. I am sure there will be a version that ends up on DVD, probably this year..I will keep this thread updated.. He did tell me he was having trouble with equal footage of the males vs. females. As he described it to me, the women do most of the work, cooking and chores. They were also more colorful/animated to film. Plus as you and I mentioned, the translations are a very very important aspect of the film.
This Space For Rent!