Author Topic: February 2016  (Read 46152 times)

Mirosae

Re: February 2016
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2016, 05:48:59 AM »
Congratulations Brandon, great story, I mean, that is how it is supposed to be!

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2016, 05:20:03 PM »
Thanks, Rosa.  I agree.  cheers

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2016, 04:07:33 PM »
On the rare occasion that I visit eatbrie.com, there are always some cool new acquisitions that Mr. Brie has not shared here, such as these 3.  Nice wins, T.  thumbup

http://eatbrie.com/large_posters_files/Backtothefuture231.jpg

http://eatbrie.com/large_posters_files/Bloodbeach4.jpg

http://eatbrie.com/large_posters_files/Neverendingstory18.jpg

Mirosae

« Reply #203 on: February 22, 2016, 05:35:23 PM »
On the rare occasion that I visit eatbrie.com, there are always some cool new acquisitions that Mr. Brie has not shared here, such as these 3.  Nice wins, T.  thumbup

I do visit  eatbrie.com occasionally, and it always gets me how eclectic this collection is. I would welcome a search option as I go there from time to time to pay a visit to the French GWTW, and have to say, sometimes it feels just like it, impossible to find.  :P.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2016, 06:13:44 PM »

Thanks Brandon for the kind words. 

As you may know, I buy a lot of posters and much choose which ones are worth posting on the forum, otherwise it would just be constant regurgitation.  I haven't posted on the new acquisition thread in a while because I feel I haven't purchased anything worth posting.  But please feel free to pluck anything I may have overlooked or that you find interesting.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2016, 06:28:59 PM »

As you may know, I buy a lot of posters and much choose which ones are worth posting on the forum, otherwise it would just be constant regurgitation.  I haven't posted on the new acquisition thread in a while because I feel I haven't purchased anything worth posting.  But please feel free to pluck anything I may have overlooked or that you find interesting.

T

T, I particularly like the BTTF and Bloodbeach. Great finds!

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2016, 07:07:03 PM »
Post them Thierry!
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2016, 08:01:52 PM »
I have to be selective.  Trust me, too much can make you throw up. 

Even within my website, I try to be selective.  No more than 20% of my new acquisitions end up in my "Last 100 Best Purchases" thread, the rest disappears within the website, never to be seen again.

Plus, I truly believe that most of my posters do not interest anyone on the forum.  I'm sure a lot of members who NEVER post their new acquisitions feel that way too.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2016, 02:43:48 AM »
I do visit  eatbrie.com occasionally, and it always gets me how eclectic this collection is. I would welcome a search option as I go there from time to time to pay a visit to the French GWTW, and have to say, sometimes it feels just like it, impossible to find.  :P.

I think it's set up well.  By years, director, etc.  Just find one of those, press control+F and enter part of the word you're looking for, and voila.  There may be a few to search through then, but it's not like scrolling over the entire page.  And I agree, it's great to see such a nice, eclectic array of stuff there.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:57:36 AM by Neo »

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2016, 02:57:18 AM »

As you may know, I buy a lot of posters and much choose which ones are worth posting on the forum, otherwise it would just be constant regurgitation.  I haven't posted on the new acquisition thread in a while because I feel I haven't purchased anything worth posting.  But please feel free to pluck anything I may have overlooked or that you find interesting.

T

That's one thing cool about having a site, you can just upload anything you want to there, and it's mighty cool of you to share the site with the world.  
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:01:02 AM by Neo »

Mirosae

« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2016, 03:55:17 AM »
I think it's set up well.  By years, director, etc.  Just find one of those, press control+F and enter part of the word you're looking for, and voila.  There may be a few to search through then, but it's not like scrolling over the entire page.  And I agree, it's great to see such a nice, eclectic array of stuff there.

You are a star Brandon, thanks for the tip!  :P

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2016, 11:14:32 AM »
Me loves the Pink Panther, nice pickup! The Halloween pieces are both awesome, jealous, need to find one.

February has been turning out to be a busy month poster wise and am posting a few. The lat one is a doozy and needs some discussion over in the Star Wars thread.

First up, Yes Edge I decided to buy one anyway... Toy Story/Toy Story 2 Lenticular.

Another of my favorites that I have been wanting for a very long time, Harry Potter Lenticular.

A couple of upgrades, a pair of Jedi Yamakatsu posters.

Last and definitely most... I have no idea what it really is as I have never, yes me, have never seen one before. It looks to be an English 24 sheet, would be a half billboard or 12 sheet in the US, for Return of the Jedi. It is printed in three sheets and measures roughly 112" x 60" that's 284cm x 152cm for you metric folks. If anyone knows more about this I really really would love to hear about it, please post on it in the Star Wars thread where I will be putting it and a few more images shortly.

Amazing ROTJ. So glad you did get the Toy Story and Harry Potter.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2016, 11:15:35 AM »

You should be my PR, Brandon.  I didn't even know you could do that.  Thanks for the tip.  

I will redo my website at some point with a search engine, I'm just too busy right now to even think about it.  I organized the website according to my taste, the people i like, which is obviously not for everyone.  For instance, I created a Nastassja Kinski sub category because she meant a lot to me growing up, but I can't imagine one other person caring about it.  A search engine would certainly broaden the website's appeal.  In time, all in time.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2016, 11:21:33 AM »
That's one thing cool about having a site, you can just upload anything you want to there, and it's mighty cool of you to share the site with the world.  

To be honest here, the website was never created for anyone else but me.  15 years ago, with 100 posters to my name, my wife put it together so I would spend less time in the garage rolling and unrolling my posters.  Little did she know, she created a monster.  I have a feeling she regrets it.

50-70 people visit it every day, which is 50-70 people more than I ever thought would.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2016, 11:52:10 AM »
50-70 people visit it every day, which is 50-70 people more than I ever thought would.

I wonder how many of those are restaurateurs looking to place an order... ;D ;D

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2016, 09:43:36 PM »

You should be my PR, Brandon.  I didn't even know you could do that.  Thanks for the tip.

rofl1

Yeah, the control+F is a convenient search feature, and with that, it's not necessary for a site to have a separate search bar.

To be honest here, the website was never created for anyone else but me.  15 years ago, with 100 posters to my name, my wife put it together so I would spend less time in the garage rolling and unrolling my posters.  Little did she know, she created a monster.  I have a feeling she regrets it.

T

Your wife did a great job with the site.  The daily site traffic is probably a lot of folks who revisit it, as there is a wealth of content there.  Not many other places like that.  I miss visiting Holiday's old website.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2016, 04:05:15 PM »
One of my top 5 favorite films of all time. Happy to finally pick up some paper from it!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #217 on: February 25, 2016, 03:36:13 AM »
What country's release is this from, filmarmada?

-Jeff

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #218 on: February 25, 2016, 04:40:09 AM »

Turkey I think.......
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2016, 11:37:54 AM »
It has been a very busy month for me.....I must say there are some nice finds being posted however. Keep it up ladies and goons.....

I finally won a Carrie. Funny thing I held out for the price I wanted to pay, and I got one in a very desirable condition. So my patience is starting to pay off.

I also lost my Jaws virginity. Nothing too spectacular for my first Jaws poster, it might just be a preview of whats to come........
This Space For Rent!

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2016, 11:53:49 AM »

That's correct, it's the Turkish release. I prefer it to the U.S. one sheet, but that one isn't bad either.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2016, 11:56:42 AM »
Thanks, gents.

-Jeff

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2016, 12:25:12 PM »
It has been a very busy month for me.....I must say there are some nice finds being posted however. Keep it up ladies and goons.....

I finally won a Carrie. Funny thing I held out for the price I wanted to pay, and I got one in a very desirable condition. So my patience is starting to pay off.

I also lost my Jaws virginity. Nothing too spectacular for my first Jaws poster, it might just be a preview of whats to come........

Love that Carrie poster, the remake's poster is a bit creepy but NOTHING like Sissy Spacek bathed in pig's blood.

Mirosae

« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2016, 12:30:27 PM »
Congratulations  Chris, glad that your Mr Patience is starting  to pay off and you found your posters. Mine is driving  me crazy hehe :P

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2016, 01:35:08 PM »
Hicks Thanks! I think my personal favorite is the Turkish OS! One piece at a time...

Rosa We collect completely different stuff, uumm....you have great taste!
This Space For Rent!