Author Topic: 2nd Day Report on the Morrie Auction #2 at Profiles in History  (Read 8139 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: 2nd Day Report on the Morrie Auction #2 at Profiles in History
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »
Any word on how many more go rounds there will be, I think I heard initially they thought 6 or 7 total ??

no more at Profiles. They're finished. Any future sales will be handled by Morrie, Heritage, Bruce, Peter and Myself unless only one is chosen. There is enough merch to take years to sell it

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Mirosae

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2015, 12:48:09 PM »
I thought Profiles had an exclusive deal...thanks 4 clarifying!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2015, 01:42:39 PM »
Me too.

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2015, 02:45:45 PM »
I believe that was for his collection of 1 item per American movie. He has loads more stuff. I think he did very well on the early, ultra rare stuff which was the focal point of this auction. Profiles proved to be a good choice to sell those to 'big pockets" who were tempted to buy other stuff. Rich said something earlier of people buying read-made collections.

Mirosae

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »
I believe that was for his collection of 1 item per American movie. He has loads more stuff. I think he did very well on the early, ultra rare stuff which was the focal point of this auction. Profiles proved to be a good choice to sell those to 'big pockets" who were tempted to buy other stuff. Rich said something earlier of people buying read-made collections.

Yes, the final price on some was just surreal. The King Kong LC ( first auction) went for x3 times I thought they would.

Also, a question to the void do you get the concept? I mean, I do not understand why buying " rEady made" collections. Part of the collecting fun ( and pain) comes from buying, winning, losing, finding, waiting...

OTHERWISE, where is the fun?

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2015, 03:32:43 PM »
no more at Profiles. They're finished. Any future sales will be handled by Morrie, Heritage, Bruce, Peter and Myself unless only one is chosen. There is enough merch to take years to sell it

Suzanne at Profiles said very specifically that they were going to have 6 total Morrie auctions...did something change or was there no negotiated agreement at the time she specified that??
Tait

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 06:06:07 PM »
The unbelievably helpful and 'sooper' quick-to-respond Suzanne says just now; Two Sales.

So it seems they are done.

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 06:58:15 PM »
I mean, I do not understand why buying " rEady made" collections. Part of the collecting fun ( and pain) comes from buying, winning, losing, finding, waiting...

OTHERWISE, where is the fun?

Totally with you on that one.  I think the difference is between a person being a collector and a person having a collection.  The former takes patience, the latter simply takes money.
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 07:03:26 PM »
The unbelievably helpful and 'sooper' quick-to-respond Suzanne says just now; Two Sales.

So it seems they are done.

Hmmm....I talked to her on the phone after paying for the first auction this past summer and she said most likely 6 auctions over 2 years time...something must have changed....that is probably why there where so many bulk lots with 30-70 cards each....I wish I would have known I would have went a little harder after some lots....I was underbidder on 400-500 cards total....
Tait

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2015, 01:18:27 AM »
Suzanne at Profiles said very specifically that they were going to have 6 total Morrie auctions...did something change or was there no negotiated agreement at the time she specified that??

not for me to dive into comments that are not mine to make, but the auctions are too much work, too much aggravation and compared to their other sales - too little return.

They were going to do 6 auctions, but that won't be happening any longer.

Wim: there are still 160,000 lobby cards from Morrie's collection. They were going to be auctiond at Profiles, those auctions have been cancelled

Tait: as the sales progressed, the lots were going to get bigger and bigger to make certain price targets. I'm sure we would have seen 1000 piece lots at some point. Ce la vie
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:20:54 AM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 04:27:45 AM »
Ok.  Please do keep us up to date.