Movie Posters > Movie Posters - Latest Acquisitions

November 2015

(1/57) > >>

paul waines:
Crikey I've started a few months of late...

Anyway, the good news is 'Artwork is back Baby"... Probably for a crap film,  ..still.

And I came a cross one of these..

Simes:
I would post some of my acquired items, but the sad fact is, Paul kinda gets there first.  Making anything I do to be Johnny-come-lately and pointless.

SPECTRE quads, Piracy, and banners all now acquired but, a bit late in the day.

(Note to self to start a new interest.)

erik1925:
Nice, Paul.. and with a triple play of monthly openings, too.

cheers

erik1925:
A couple arrived today.

2 stone litho Argentinean OS.

The Girl Downstairs (MGM, 1938), with Franchot Tone & Franciska Gaal (She played the same role in the Austrian film, called Katharina, die Letzte (Catherine the Last), made by Universal's Austrian subsidiary, in 1936).

I like how this poster left a blank imprint area at the bottom, too.

The Great Moment (Paramount, 1944), written and directed by the very talented Preston Sturges. The poster art on this was done by the unknown artist who's mark includes the Greek letter omega.

Ari:
I got a fair few this month, I posted some to NSFGE so in the spirit of giving I'll post mainly different ones here. A couple I'll double post as I THINK someone here will enjoy them.

A guilty pleasure of mine

I've hand a few of these over the years but never kept one for myself, always regretted it, so I got one to keep.

While in the uk last year we travelled to the town this was set in specifically because I love this film, but somehow never thought of getting a poster, so I couldn't resist when it was on offer.

These two are just special.

Not a nice poster, but I love the film so bad, I have the locandina which is beautiful, I'd like a quad one day. In fact it might be a title I will start collecting seriously when he'll drivers slows down a bit more.
Daphne DM is in my top three writers, (with Poe and Heinlein), and ROEG is one of my favourite directors, so to have a movie that is from both is just heaven. And he did it so well.

Another I've owned many times over the years, all gone, and a film I just loved as a kid, when King was my favourite author, (then I discovered Poe aged 12 and I just never enjoyed reading King again, anyway) at the time, this was like the DONT LOOK NOW, favourite writer and favourite director. I have grown up, but the film is still a happy memory

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version