Author Topic: Dark Knight Poster  (Read 2365 times)

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
Dark Knight Poster
« on: November 15, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »
Does anyone know was this poster released as a UK Quad? I have seen was a US subway

Release date is US - 18 July 2008. UK release date was 21 July 2008 (Premiere) and 24 July 2008 (General)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Dark Knight Poster
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 12:05:15 PM »
The URL on the poster is also thedarkknight.com where as the other quads use thedarkknightmovie.co.uk

Perhaps it was something knocked together quickly for the premiere (hence the date discrepancy)? Or maybe just a reprint? For the price it went for on eBay, I was tempted to bid as a curiosity, but passed

I'm also curious about those Dark Knight Rises single sided character UK one sheets Bruce has sold a few of. Perhaps the same thing? Single sided for some smaller/one off promotional reason? I'd be curious to see the print quality of small logos and paper feel.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:06:14 PM by Tob »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 12:29:33 PM »
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:30:21 PM by jedgerley »

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 01:00:22 PM »
I was curious, so bid on it  :P

Thought it was a cool picture. Not sure that it is real and most likely a reprint of some kind.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:08:01 PM by basemem »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 01:49:40 PM »
I was curious, so bid on it  :P

Thought it was a cool picture. Not sure that it is real and most likely a reprint of some kind.

Sweet glad ya like it....Its always worth a shot.  I bought some things that I didnt have time to research/ending now scenarios and it usually works out ok.  take care and share some pics of your star wars and bond collection too please.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 01:51:21 PM »
Worth a punt at that price! Looking forward to reading your thoughts when it shows up.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 06:03:35 PM »
Well Tloce has been selling them on eBay.com That combined with the opinions I expressed in the other thread would keep me well away. Fingers crossed I'm wrong though.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 08:38:32 AM »
What size was it that was purchased? That style I though only existed in the US as a subway or a scanned subway printed on a large format printer in a different size  ;)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:38:54 AM by ddilts399 »

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 01:37:48 PM »
It was 30x40in UK Quad, Dale.

I have found that these were being sold by tloce (thanks skyjackers for the heads up). As such I have decided to not go ahead. I feel for the seller but I do not in anyway want to support the industry in selling reprints as original.

Shame really as thought and still think its a cool image, usually complete research on items if unsure but didn't have time in this case.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 01:50:39 PM »
It was 30x40in UK Quad, Dale.

I have found that these were being sold by tloce (thanks skyjackers for the heads up). As such I have decided to not go ahead. I feel for the seller but I do not in anyway want to support the industry in selling reprints as original.

Shame really as thought and still think its a cool image, usually complete research on items if unsure but didn't have time in this case.

Sounds like the right move here, basemem.

Especially when someone like tloce (or anyone who sells this kind of repro stuff, in order to deceive) is involved.

-Jeff