Author Topic: My new stance on bad packaging feedback  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
My new stance on bad packaging feedback
« on: July 26, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
Even if I get a full refund of the item, I'm leaving negative feedback if the item was damaged due to neglect. The reason being is that I can't recover my lost time.

EDIT: I felt the need to add that if I feel the seller was a newb and just didn't know any better, a refund will suffice, but if they are a veteran seller who should know better, then they get negative feedback regardless if they have 100% positive feedback thus far.

Ugh, why is it hard for these sellers to realize that buyers are the ones at risk by giving their money to a stranger, not the other way around!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:27:28 PM by Chop-Top »

spacething

Re: My new stance on bad packaging feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 05:52:55 AM »

Do what you want, but I would advise against this.  I've sold on ebay, I always packaged very well.  But if I found myself in a situation where someone was unhappy, I would try to make it right with them.  And if, after all that, they STILL left me a negative, I would be pretty angry and probably block them, and advise other sellers to do the same.  Sellers are human beings and sometimes make mistakes.  I've bought from some sellers whose packaging was just throwing the poster in an envelope with some cardboard and shipping it off.  If the poster were to be damaged in shipping, is that because of seller "neglect"?

I understand you feel strongly about this, but I think it's best that you save your negatives for situations that warrant them.  You don't want to develop a reputation for being a pain in the neck.  Or else nobody will sell to you.