Movie Posters > Poster Artists & Designers

Who created the art for this poster????

<< < (5/6) > >>

Crazy Vick:
Yup, its in the bin. I was hoping someone knew who the artist was.  It is a bit of a cult classic from what I understand and not very common as I've yet to see another one.  I guess just another nameless artist.  Of course the version Jeff posted has its, er, strong points, too.

guest4826:
I dug and dug but couldn't come up with anything on that F13 quad. Real mystery.

Speaking of mysteries, I have my own I need help solving. The cover art for THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE VHS. This version was released by both Media and Video Treasures; I've included the Media release here. The Video Treasures art is identical, except it's completely flipped - Leatherface's saw is pointing the other direction and the signature on the artwork is clearly backwards.

Ah yes, the signature: any guesses? Looks to me like Nescry, Nescay, Hescry, Hescay. Can't figure out what the first letter is supposed to be.

Any tips are appreciated!

erik1925:
Hey CV,

Its a guy named Richard Hescox.

Here's a copy that sold, too, on EMP in 2006:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/7876492.html

jedgerley:
Lol now back to the Friday the 13 th quad.

guest4826:
Boy, do I feel like a dummy. Emovieposter is one of my go-tos when checking for artists; I must've totally glanced over that one!

Jeff, you're a hero - thanks.

And yes, back to that F13 quad...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version