Author Topic: New member from the Netherlands  (Read 3797 times)

TPenders

New member from the Netherlands
« on: October 19, 2015, 04:26:12 PM »
Hi there,

My name is Ton, 24, student in Maastricht, (the most beautifull and southern (big) city of the Netherlands, also one of the few places that will not be flooded if our dykes give way :P ). I have been an avid movie fan since a very long time. I enjoy all kinds of movies, for instance i can easily jump on the hype train for any Marvel movie and have a great time but i can also enjoy a movie like Drive (2011) or Moon or Les Miserables or Big Fish or Jaws or Pacific Rim or ... you get the picture. The only genre i tend to stay away from is the Horror genre, just not really my thing i guess. I do not limit myself to movies though i also enjoy the revival of the television shows, same idea there: i like the Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, the Wire, Friends, the Flash etc etc. (although i will be the first to admit you have to turn of the thinking part of your brain for some shows / movies.)
Then for the collecting part, experience : zero, but i really want to start. Why? For my last birthday i got a poster from the Dark Knight Rises movie (the Bane / smashed mask one) and as far is i can work out it is legit, printed on both sides and the quality looks fine. (please don't tell me there are a lot of double sided replica's out there :P) So naturally that started the desire to find other original Batman trilogy poster to complete the set. Haven't found those yet though, i have been very scared of buying a replica. I hope that this forum will be able the help me find the posters i am looking for. In order to give you an idea of poster i hope to find soon i will give you my wishlist:
- Moon
- Drive
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- The new star wars 7 poster (although i imagine everyone will want one of those so that's properly not going to happen)
- Batman begins / Dark Knight
- John Wick

Also my plan will be to keep buying posters from new movies (i guess they are cheaper?), this way i  hope to expand my collection and occasionally i want to buy an older more expensive poster.

So hope that this is a decent intro. Any tips are def welcome and to everyone : have fun with the new Star Wars trailer!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: New member from the Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 04:31:34 PM »
 welcome1, Ton.

Enjoy the forum and all the good people here, too!!

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 04:42:03 PM »
Welcome Ton, It's great to get young'uns coming into the hobby... and I'm sure we'll change your mind about Horror films. ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 04:50:44 PM »
Welcome!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 07:41:16 PM »
 welcome2.gif to APF Ton!
You'll find most of APF ready, willing and able to help you get started.
Just fire away with the questions and post pics when necessary.

On another note, can you find me a poster for Thale?
I've been looking for one for the last two years with no luck.
 cheers

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 10:37:09 PM »
welcome aboard.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 10:54:27 PM »
Welcome welcome.  Paul is right you'll might like some horror posters (older the better they get) some day even if you don't like the movie.
Good luck and happy searching for posters.